• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242x Bimini with sunroof fit on a 2017 242x tower?

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have any idea about this?

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm going to go with no. The 2017 has some tube structure above the canvas. Since the 2018 bimini does not feature this structure, the canvas will not have the cutouts to go around it.

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm going to go with no. The 2017 has some tube structure above the canvas. Since the 2018 bimini does not feature this structure, the canvas will not have the cutouts to go around it.
You are probably right. Maybe I will just have it cut and zippers sewn in! Probably much cheaper anyway!

Thanks!

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You are probably right. Maybe I will just have it cut and zippers sewn in! Probably much cheaper anyway!

Thanks!
Iam thinking of doing the same thing to my 2017 242X - let me know if you were able to get a zipper put in an how it came out and te cost. Thanks!

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Quick Update - I have my 2017 242x in the shop and they are gpoing to price out options to put a zipper sunroof on my existing Bimini - Will let you all know what I get back.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Will be interesting. hopefully it works.

Would be good for towing i think.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Quick Update - I have my 2017 242x in the shop and they are gpoing to price out options to put a zipper sunroof on my existing Bimini - Will let you all know what I get back.
Hmm, I would think your bimini frame is going to be in the way. The actual cross members are designed a bit differently. I guess, if you didn’t care about that, it would work ok. It’s not like those tubes will really hinder the sun getting in much. :)

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, you are correct - the cros bar would be there. We are looking at two options (1) leave it there and not worry, or (2) cut out the middle cross bar to let more sun in. We will see which is the better bang for the buck.

jason07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would be surprised if it did fit

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi, did you ever get the sun roof cut in? I was thinking of dping the same thing on my 2017 242X - would ove to hear if you had it done and if it worked. Thanks!