• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242x e battery issue

Ryan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just purchased my new 2018 242xe boat today! After playing with it in the driveway here’s my issue. If I turn just the house battery, the connect system will come on but then there is no way to shut it off unless I turn the house battery back off. Is there not any way to turn the screen off or do I have to shut the battery selector off every time? I feel like if we’re floating with and the big connect screen stays on it’s going to drain the battery very fast. Already having to put a charger on the battery now and it was not on on for more than 30 minutes.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The trickle solar chargers on the x and e-series do a pretty good job of keeping the battery in good shape. I’ve sat on the lake for 7-8 hours cranking the music and have never had an issue with the battery...yet (fingers crossed). I wouldn’t worry about the screen being on.

Ryan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I understand, but am I correct that the screen is always on? And the only way to get the screen to turn off is to shut off the house battery switch? I wonder why my battery is already almost dead? I just picked it up from the dealership today around 2 o’clock and drove it straight home and the battery alarm started going crazy once I turned on the switch for the first time To check out the system. I have it hooked up to a battery charger now. Thanks for all the advice any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not 100% sure about the 2018 Connext screens but on my 2016 I can turn on the screen without the key in by pushing the “light” button on the dash. The only way I’ve been able to turn it off from it being on this way is to insert the key and turn it on (doesn’t start the engines since we have push start) and then turn the key back off. This shuts down the Connext screen without having to turn off the battery switch. It completely shuts down the Connext though; not sure if there is a way to “de-illuminate” the screen but still have the radio working.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can cycle the manual blower switch and it will turn off or pressing and holding the light switch.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not 100% sure about the 2018 Connext screens but on my 2016 I can turn on the screen without the key in by pushing the “light” button on the dash. The only way I’ve been able to turn it off from it being on this way is to insert the key and turn it on (doesn’t start the engines since we have push start) and then turn the key back off. This shuts down the Connext screen without having to turn off the battery switch. It completely shuts down the Connext though; not sure if there is a way to “de-illuminate” the screen but still have the radio working.
Turning the key on and off is the main way to shutdown the Connext display. Depending on the model of 242 this may not work with just the house battery switch on, because of how the system on circuit works with the ignition. You can not shut off the display and still have the radio on. They are both tied to the house battery switch and when shut down properly (key instead of battery switch), the display sends a message to turn on the radio at system start.

Stan Marko

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have the 2017 242xe and you likely will need both battery disconnect switches on during the day when using. Was advised by local dealer to keep that way while on the water. Not sure about your larger Connext as we have the 7" but we have been on the water for hours and my voltage had minimal drop. I think you also had batteries delivered that needed a full charge. I would imagine the Larger Connext looks similar to a tablet for voltage draw, but our 7" stays lit while the key is in the "On" position. and to repeat others I would not disconnect power without first turning the key off.