• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242x house battery while anchored question.

Expedition_Recreation

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As it turned out the ground wire would only reach the negative post on the Starter Battery so I had to run it there regardless. I am going to check the batteries in a bit and hopefully now that it is connected it will have charged them up a bit by the end of the day.

@Weeb do you have a specific switch you can recommend? I am going to order some things today and im not sure exactly which type of switch would be best to run with the Pro Sport 20 Charger.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Expedition_Recreation

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay I got ya @Weeb. I will probably do the same with the switch. Im scared to drill into anything else on the boat. Thanks for the info!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So.... just reinstalled my batteries and put on solar panel and tower cover. Wanted to know if solar panel was working so started reading some threads. Sounds like the DVSR light should be on. Sun is shining bright, and I’ve got no light.

Is there some other way to check? I have the batteries wired up correctly (took a photo before I removed them last fall).
46F273AB-8D5F-47F7-B1AC-38C0B8FAB63A.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can run music from the rear deck with only the house battery on. Connext will be completely off. Tested and It worked.
Not working like this on a ‘19 242X. :(

Connext powers right up on House only, then gives low voltage alarm for missing start battery.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not working like this on a ‘19 242X. :(

Connext powers right up on House only, then gives low voltage alarm for missing start battery.
Don’t then the screen on. If It turns on just pull the key out and let It shut off.
After It shuts off go back to the headunit on the swim platform and hit the power button. That will power up only your radio. And no alarm.
Lmk how It goes

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So.... just reinstalled my batteries and put on solar panel and tower cover. Wanted to know if solar panel was working so started reading some threads. Sounds like the DVSR light should be on. Sun is shining bright, and I’ve got no light.

Is there some other way to check? I have the batteries wired up correctly (took a photo before I removed them last fall).
View attachment 92235
I never looked for the light but i do know i was out all day last year with music on house battery and my voltage stayed fine.
Also i never connect It to anything when on trailer and never have issue starting.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

View attachment 92235
When i finish today I’ll try to plug It in and test for the light

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don’t then the screen on. If It turns on just pull the key out and let It shut off.
After It shuts off go back to the headunit on the swim platform and hit the power button. That will power up only your radio. And no alarm.
Lmk how It goes
Ok. I had House on, start off. Key in the ignition but turned off. Hit the power on unit on deck. Connext screen powered up.

I’ll try again w key removed altogether.

I’m about ready to run to town to fill it w gas just to make it shut up. Lol. There has to be an “accessory” mode like a car, right?

I’ll post back in a little bit. Tks!!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok. I had House on, start off. Key in the ignition but turned off. Hit the power on unit on deck. Connext screen powered up.

I’m about ready to run to town to fill it w gas just to make it shut up. Lol. There has to be an “accessory” mode like a car, right?

I did notice earlier that because I started from the head unit all of the Source options were locked out on the Connext screen. I could control volume and jump to other menu items. But could not change input. It also incorrectly identified the playing input. I was connected w BT. But Connext was showing Aux Input. Thought that was weird.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 92235
Is the little black wire from the dvsr hooked to the negative. I can’t tell if it’s the one with the yellow tag you have hooked up.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is the little black wire from the dvsr hooked to the negative. I can’t tell if it’s the one with the yellow tag you have hooked up.
Yep, that is the wire and it’s connected. The light eventually came on. I checked it for a good 5-10 minutes after being hooked up and no light. Around an hour later I checked and the light was indeed on. Must be some delay or logic built in that it doesn’t just start charging immediately.

In other news, both engines fired after cranking for about 2 seconds. Put a big smile on my face! Now I just need to get the boat in the water!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

I didn’t get this attempted today. I got sidetracked by my trailer guides install. I will try it tomorrow, though. Also hoping to get it in the water for a couple hours tomorrow to start breakin.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

You have left lower side of screen a button looks like a circle. That’s to shut alarms off.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep, that is the wire and it’s connected. The light eventually came on. I checked it for a good 5-10 minutes after being hooked up and no light. Around an hour later I checked and the light was indeed on. Must be some delay or logic built in that it doesn’t just start charging immediately.

In other news, both engines fired after cranking for about 2 seconds. Put a big smile on my face! Now I just need to get the boat in the water!
It’s possible that It takes that long to start actually juicing the battery with the solar.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did notice earlier that because I started from the head unit all of the Source options were locked out on the Connext screen. I could control volume and jump to other menu items. But could not change input. It also incorrectly identified the playing input. I was connected w BT. But Connext was showing Aux Input. Thought that was weird.
There is a button on the unit in the back to charge output. I think it’s a circle with an arrow. I’ll have to double check.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You have left lower side of screen a button looks like a circle. That’s to shut alarms off.
Yep. But, it’s temporary. Alarm comes back in 3-5 minutes. Will play with it more this afternoon... on the water!! Woohoo!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep. But, it’s temporary. Alarm comes back in 3-5 minutes. Will play with it more this afternoon... on the water!! Woohoo!
I’m on my boat messing with this now. I turned on House battery only, no key in the ignition. Connext fires up and I got the Start battery alarm. Music automatically started playing via BT from my phone. On the rear unit, the arrow with circle button does allow you to change inputs. With music playing, the red power button on the rear unit just mutes the music. If you hold in the button, it turns off the rear unit and music goes off. Connext remains on. Press red button and unit turns back on and music starts again.

Battery alarm popped up again after a couple minutes. I have no idea how to turn off the Connext screen. Will search if there’s a way.

Last edited:

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To follow up. I turned on the key and turned it off. Connext shut down and music turned off. Went to rear unit, pressed red power button and it turned on, music came on. Connext screen remained off. Mine is a 2018 but I assume the ‘19’s are the same.

Last edited:

cuzz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an AR 240 2017 with dual batteries. I have a BEP Isolator house, BEP Isolator parallel, BEP Isolator starter and a DVSR.