• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR 190 transponder help

Donny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
im looking to mount my Garmin striker plus and need ideas of how to run the wires to the transponder.

Donny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you get to the rear drain? Did you guild it through the engine bay?

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you get to the rear drain? Did you guild it through the engine bay?
Do tell. New AR195 and have a Simrad Go7 I’d like to do a “non-invasive” install. I’m leaning towards iPad with Navionics+ but sonar would be nice.

Donny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the help. Install was a breeze. Just fit my arm down the hole in the rear compartment next to the propeller clean out and was able to fish all me wires through, well, that’s after I unscrewed the 90 degree bend plastic piece and cut it in half, then siliconed it back up. Now trying to find a remote power lead for my amp to hook up to. Seems like my radio (MA200) only have the 8 speaker wires and power and ground coming out of the back of it.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How long has that transducer been installed? How many hours?
If you are referring to my transducer it has been on for a year now with over 75 hrs on her. One drawback to an IPad would be the glare and ability to see in bright sunshine.

Theturtle7023

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I just mounted my lowrance today. It was super easy once I finally grew a pair to drill a hole in my boat. That part took me about 2 hours. Don't know what that GPS wire was coming off the dash cluster, but it worked great for a power supply.

Attachments

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What channel do you usually use, 1200?

VFR... Transponder... nobody?