• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 ar210 Bimini issue

Legendsngrey13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just bought a 2018 ar210 and I am having an issue with the Bimini. When I go to set it up as the owners manual advises, the rear support poles are nowhere near long enough to be secured into the bracket. I extended it all the way out to it’s longest length and it’s still about 5 inches away from reaching the locking bracket. I feel like it is going to break if I try to force it any more than I already am, but even forcing it doesn’t get it close to where it should be. Anyone else have this issue or am I doing something wrong?

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just bought a 2018 ar210 and I am having an issue with the Bimini. When I go to set it up as the owners manual advises, the rear support poles are nowhere near long enough to be secured into the bracket. I extended it all the way out to it’s longest length and it’s still about 5 inches away from reaching the locking bracket. I feel like it is going to break if I try to force it any more than I already am, but even forcing it doesn’t get it close to where it should be. Anyone else have this issue or am I doing something wrong?
I have a 2017, but I think we have the same Bimini. I feel like I had this issue the first time I put mine up but I can’t remember what it was.

The only thing I can think of is that your front two support poles (in front of the arch) may not be seated in all the way. I always lift and push in to make sure that they are all the way in.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check to make sure your fabric in the front is stretched all the way out on the front corners. If that makes sense, so before you put the front pulls in make sure the fabric in stretched around the corners.

Legendsngrey13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the suggestions I’ll make sure and try them all

Legendsngrey13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After being unsuccessful at trying anything I could think of, I went back to the dealer. Turned out that my ar210 supposedly had an ar195 Bimini attached to it. The dealership replaced without hesitation but I wanted to make people aware that if they are having the same issue that there is a chance the wrong Bimini is on their boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wish that were the case for us 19' guys. Glad you got it sorted out.