• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR240 coming to Willis TX

kenmo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Morning folks! Been a fan of the Yamaha jet boats for years now. Finally pulling the trigger. Was nearing a purchase on a 2019 AR240 in Conroe TX, but came across a leftover up in Waco. Got a fair deal and I'll be dragging it home tomorrow. First thing on my hit list will be crafting up a sun shade for the aft area. Found some great stuff to go-by here!!

Immediate question for the community.....anything in particular I should be looking for on the test drive tomorrow? Not new to boating....just curious if there are any issues that I should be paying close attention to before delivery.

Thanks in advance!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, we're getting a nice little group of N. Houston boaters,

The only particulars I can think of is that it should throw you back in you seat from stop to WOT and within about 10 seconds you should be on plane and 30 seconds at 48 ish mph

You might want to look at the anchor locker drain to see if they've done a better job installing it.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have never owned a jet boat, understand the turning radius and how to max your spin to quickly get back to your rider. Make sure to not act too impressed to get them negotiating more at contract time.

Welcome and glad you are aboard

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase and another welcome from Houston!

kenmo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appreciate the comments guys. Well, she's home. Pretty positive experience at the dealership (Marineland, Waco TX). I had my son in tow with me so I appreciated that they had my paperwork ready to go. Got it home and got her in the water to try to get the break-in period behind me. Weather moved in so I'm hoping our next outing will get us past it and onto some more fun.

This weekend I'll be pulling my tri-toon out of my slip and modifying the cradle to accept the new boat. I had a Checkmate BRX 2400 several years back and kept the bunks, so should be relatively painless to swap out.

Ordered a few parts and pieces for my makeshift sunshade. If it works out as planned I'll post up my design.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. We all love pictures if you could share a few!?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great choice, congratulations!

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Appreciate the comments guys. Well, she's home. Pretty positive experience at the dealership (Marineland, Waco TX). I had my son in tow with me so I appreciated that they had my paperwork ready to go. Got it home and got her in the water to try to get the break-in period behind me. Weather moved in so I'm hoping our next outing will get us past it and onto some more fun.

This weekend I'll be pulling my tri-toon out of my slip and modifying the cradle to accept the new boat. I had a Checkmate BRX 2400 several years back and kept the bunks, so should be relatively painless to swap out.

Ordered a few parts and pieces for my makeshift sunshade. If it works out as planned I'll post up my design.
I did the same as you a couple weeks ago.... priced a 2019 and ended up in Waco dragging home a new 2018 SX190. Those guys at Marineland did a good job for me also.