• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR240 new bilge?

RyGuy0001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all, Sorry if this has already been asked but I was not able to find the information. I have been told that the bilge pump has been updated in the 2018 ar240. It now has a float switch that will run even with both batteries in the off position. I know that this has been a topic of discussion in older models which you would have to leave the batteries in if you were mooring the boat. Can anyone confirm this is true? I really don’t want to sink my boat but I also don’t want to worry about bringing a charger out to it once a week to make sure the batteries at full.
Thank you in advance.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all, Sorry if this has already been asked but I was not able to find the information. I have been told that the bilge pump has been updated in the 2018 ar240. It now has a float switch that will run even with both batteries in the off position. I know that this has been a topic of discussion in older models which you would have to leave the batteries in if you were mooring the boat. Can anyone confirm this is true? I really don’t want to sink my boat but I also don’t want to worry about bringing a charger out to it once a week to make sure the batteries at full.
Thank you in advance.
I am assuming that you wet slip your boat? If that is the case, you want to have the bilge engaged all the time. The easiest and probably cheapest thing to do then is to install a marine grade battery tender. They run from $100-$200 and will lengthen the life of your batteries.

RyGuy0001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply. Yes I will be wet slipping. My problem is that I don’t have access to shore power. I have seen others threads that if you leave your boat wet slipped that you have to leave the power on. But this of course could drain the batteries. What i really want to find out is if the actual bilge was changed in 2018 so that now it will not pull any battery power unless it there is water in the boat. Thank you.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m not sure. I’m thinking my ‘19 242 still cycles every few minutes. If batteries were off, I think that should stop. I can’t remember for sure, though.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why not just fill the bilge with water, batteries off, and see what happens?
I have 2019 AR240 and this is what i did. Filled the bilge with a hose and the bilge pump came on with the batteries in the off position. Dont know about the 2018 but it is pretty easy to fill bilge with hose with batteries off and see if pump comes on.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have 2019 AR240 and this is what i did. Filled the bilge with a hose and the bilge pump came on with the batteries in the off position. Dont know about the 2018 but it is pretty easy to fill bilge with hose with batteries off and see if pump comes on.
Does it still cycle every few minutes checking for water, or is it now a float and just kicks on when water gets high enough?

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it still cycle every few minutes checking for water, or is it now a float and just kicks on when water gets high enough?
Guessing it has a float in it. Put hose in the bilge and turned the water on, Couple minutes later pump came on.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has a float and cycles. It'll check, I believe every 2 mins, if the float is up, then it'll kick on the pump, if not, it'll reset for the next cycle.