• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX 195 Clean plug question (not the typical stuck question)

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 SX 195 with the "newer" spin lock mechanism, 4 years with the boat never and issue, yesterday was out on the lake, drove 6 miles across the lake to the bay to hang out and float. No issue, when it was time to go, fired up the engine idled for 5 min to deeper water and accelerated about 45 sec later plug came loose , motor shut off, I assume to the swim platform kill switch open access panel and plug was out. I reseated and drove all back with out issue. Is there and history of plug spin lock wear causing plug to pop out ? If I made it across the lake 6 miles, I would think it was locked and seated correctly when i left the doc?

thoughts?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 SX 195 with the "newer" spin lock mechanism, 4 years with the boat never and issue, yesterday was out on the lake, drove 6 miles across the lake to the bay to hang out and float. No issue, when it was time to go, fired up the engine idled for 5 min to deeper water and accelerated about 45 sec later plug came loose , motor shut off, I assume to the swim platform kill switch open access panel and plug was out. I reseated and drove all back with out issue. Is there and history of plug spin lock wear causing plug to pop out ? If I made it across the lake 6 miles, I would think it was locked and seated correctly when i left the doc?

thoughts?
I have a much older boat but my first trip after bringing the boat home from Maryland, a plug popped and I thought… crap. Why did the boat die? Did I buy a lemon? Then I remembered from this site….

I opened the hatch, reseated the plugs and had a great day. 7 years later, still having great time on the water.

Reseat that plug and have fun. It’s fine.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Perhaps there is something blocking the seating in the hole like debris, or the plug wasn't completely seated and "clicked" into place. There's a faint click to the plug when it seats into the locked position. I've never had mine loosen, although it's only been two seasons. Are you using some silicone lubricant on the plugs? It helps keep them supple and they turn in/out smoother with a shot of spray. Keeps them from sticking too.