• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX190 with trailer (spare tire)

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 2018 SX190 along with trailer I'm looking to install a spare tire on trailer does anyone have any pics where to install this?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 2018 SX190 along with trailer I'm looking to install a spare tire on trailer does anyone have any pics where to install this?
here is mine on my 19 sx
7E8562AF-168F-4333-8E1A-0ED8ABC824DD.jpeg

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought this off

I bought this off amazon. It should work
Hope it will, the one I have is at 45* angle which helps clear the boat. Maybe yours will have a longer arm to help that. Let us know

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the exact same one and it works perfect.
.IMG_3870.jpgIMG_3871.jpg

Last edited:

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try veveinc.com...$52. You can see a picture of one on my boat that's listed in the classified section. Good quality.

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice... what year is your boat and trailer?

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d toss that spare you got though. Looks like the stock bias ply Carlisle that cups horrible.
You're 100% correct.
I don't know why the stock tires did that.
I checked all measurements on the trailer and it's within an 1/8", tires should wear fine.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're 100% correct.
I don't know why the stock tires did that.
I checked all measurements on the trailer and it's within an 1/8", tires should wear fine.
Bias ply tires tend to cup more frequently not because of improper tire pressure but more likely because long distance towing which heats up the stiff bias ply sidewall and theyre not efficient as a radial for dissipating that heat. Bias ply have a stiffer sidewall construction than a radial which is why the ride harder as well. They are typically good for short distance towing but if you are traveling at highway speeds for long periods they will heat up. Usually cupping if some improper tire pressure causing the tire to bounce but with a bias ply it's likely from poor heat dissipation. Mine did the same thing after only 1.5 years of use. Swapped them to radials and it was night and day difference in towing. Very much worth the upgrade.

I'd also upgrade that bow roller before it destroys your boats nice smooth finish. Get you a stoltz and your bow and hull will love you long time. Yours being a 2013 should have it swapped already. My stock plastic roller marked my hull on the second time out and I knew from then on it would just get worse so swapped it for the Stoltz ultimate and felt much better every time the hull would touch.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bias ply tires tend to cup more frequently not because of improper tire pressure but more likely because long distance towing which heats up the stiff bias ply sidewall and theyre not efficient as a radial for dissipating that heat. Bias ply have a stiffer sidewall construction than a radial which is why the ride harder as well. They are typically good for short distance towing but if you are traveling at highway speeds for long periods they will heat up. Usually cupping if some improper tire pressure causing the tire to bounce but with a bias ply it's likely from poor heat dissipation. Mine did the same thing after only 1.5 years of use. Swapped them to radials and it was night and day difference in towing. Very much worth the upgrade.

I'd also upgrade that bow roller before it destroys your boats nice smooth finish. Get you a stoltz and your bow and hull will love you long time. Yours being a 2013 should have it swapped already. My stock plastic roller marked my hull on the second time out and I knew from then on it would just get worse so swapped it for the Stoltz ultimate and felt much better every time the hull would touch.
Thanks for the tire info.
My bow stop looks like a Stoltz, how is it different?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the tire info.
My bow stop looks like a Stoltz, how is it different?
Yours looks like the yellow, hard plastic one that comes stock with the Shorelandr trailer. It is hard, doesn't give and will scratch the gel coat like this boat with stock roller...

image.jpeg

A Stoltz will be colored orange and will be made of softer polyurethane material that will not scratch but rather mar if you come in too hot. The outer bells on a Stoltz are pliable where the stock ones take a lot of force to get them to collapse.

This is what the Stoltz Ultimate looks like on my 192.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yours looks like the yellow, hard plastic one that comes stock with the Shorelandr trailer. A Stoltz will be colored orange and will be made of softer polyurethane material that will not scratch but rather mar if you come in too hot. The outer bells on a Stoltz are pliable where the stock ones take a lot of force to get them to collapse. This is what the Stoltz Ultimate looks like on my 192.
Thanks, yes mine is hard plastic.
My bracket measures about 3-3/4" wide so I'm guessing I need a 4" roller???

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks, yes mine is hard plastic.
My bracket measures about 3-3/4" wide so I'm guessing I need a 4" roller???
No problem happy to help.

The stock center roller should measure 3.6" or at least that is what mine measured. Yours could be different, but yes I went with the Ultimate 4" and then shaved a small amount off each side so that it made for a perfect fit. Other people use a pry bar or piece of wood and wedge it in there but I didn't care to do that and wanted it same size as stock, just a much...much better material ;). Other people go with the newer RP-355 that is made for Shorelandr trailers but to me the profile is not quite right for our boats and it's slightly too narrow which means there will be a gap for the roller to move in between the braces. I'd rather recommend getting the Ultamte and trimming it to fit exactly the same width as your stock roller.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got my spare tire I put it up against the original trailer tires and it's just a hair higher than the original Tire would that be okay to use for a spare?