• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX195 no-wake mode button issue

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey gang question on no wake mode button, after my last outing seems my no-wake button only working in lowest speed mode.
If am in no wake mode at the lowest setting and try to bump to the next level, the rpms increase but speed does not, seems to only work at the lowest mode the next two modes seem to only increase rpm not speed. I've also noticed about 5MPH less on top speed. I've taken a look at the impeller and house no gouges or chips. Seems to look like pretty tight clearance for blade and house. Could be cavitation but, not sure why, since housing and impeller look good. I can take a pic of it, if need be. I did just cross the 150 hour mark. Seems like I have run at a bit higher rpm at pretty much all speeds than i recall in the past. Which to points to cavitation, but again a visual in the blade and housing seems to look good. any thoughts or ideas would much appreciated
One additional piece of info , this was not gradual thing one outing it was fine the next...I noticed the low wake mode issue.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
5mph is my top speed on no wake mode..

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It doesn't control speed, it controls RPM, so if you bump up and the RPM goes up and holds at a new setpoint, it has done it's job. I guess your question should actually be "Why is it that 2200 RPM doesn't seem to make the boat go faster than 2000 RPM" or something like that. Probably it is a bit faster, but the speed measurement is quantized and pushing a hull through water takes non-linear force until you start to get on plane.

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
could issue have anything to with bucket adjustment ?
Oh yeah, I'm not 100%, but I believe that if you just go to the first click and do no wake the bucket is closed a bit to direct more flow downward to help steering. I usually go past a bit into the throttle to get the bucket open then use no wake.