• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Yamaha 242x Float mode question

MeadMan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just purschased 2018 242x. Need some pointers about how to turn on Connext without turning in the engines. New batteries, charge is good, Connext works well when engines are on, just want to be able to use it when engines are off as well.
Second question is once I turn off the engine, Connext switches to “float mode”, and stays on for about 2 minutes, then turns off. I am unable to get Connext to stay on after I cut the engines.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
With the key off, push and hold the Stereo (Media) button next to the joystick for about 3-5 sec. That should turn in your Connext screen.

Last edited:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Also, you don’t need to have connext on to listen to audio. Even when the connext or key switch is off, as long as your battery switches are on, just press the power button on the head unit on your swim deck to turn on the radio.

MeadMan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks redthumper and plpbecks. Sounds like the solution.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
With the key off, push and hold the Stereo (Media) button next to the joystick for about 3-5 sec. That should turn in your Connext screen.
Haven't heard of that one...will have to try it out one day.

@MeadMan After I shut off the engines and the Connext turns off, I just turn one key back on long enough to get the Connext screen to boot up and turn the key off again, usually just a few seconds and the Connext stays on. While you don't need the Connext on to use the stereo system, I find it helpful as I often use the Joystick to control volume and if the Connext is not on, the Joystick doesn't work.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also, you don’t need to have connext on to listen to audio. Even when the connext or key switch is off, as long as your battery switches are on, just press the power button on the head unit on your swim deck to turn on the radio.
My 2018 212 with the Polk head unit doesn’t seem to do this. Do others have this issue? Maybe I need to hold the button longer.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2018 212 with the Polk head unit doesn’t seem to do this. Do others have this issue? Maybe I need to hold the button longer.
My 2017 212 Limited S with Polk won't do this either. I wish it would.

topgun7214

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive been turning my left key to on this whole time, am i not doing this correctly?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ive been turning my left key to on this whole time, am i not doing this correctly?
Not sure if it's an issue or not...nothing in the manual about it, and techs don't seem to know either. I've heard that with the key on, the electronics are energized so it might put wear on the one electrical system, fuel pump, injector system, etc. Or it might not hurt anything. I prefer to be on the safe side and just flick on long enough to power up the Connext and then turn off again.

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If your connext is off you can turn on audio from the swim deck as stated, at least on the fusion deck. If you would like the connext system to run leave the key switch on and just kill the motors from the engine stop/start push button. keep in mind this may drain the battery slowly but not enough to make a huge impact with the solar panels.