• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Yamaha AR240 vs 242 limited S?

Matt Kovie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are looking to purchase a new Yamaha in Michigan. We are not sure which one to buy, 2018 Yamaha AR240 vs 242 limited S? There is an $8,000 difference on the "out the door price". Can anyone provide some insight? Are the differences going to increase my families enjoyment ($8,000 worth)? I realize the large screen and GPS/maps are very nice (wish had depth chart though). Shower is also a nice feature to rinse off. As far as additional speakers, would be nice, but the 4 speaker set up on the AR seemed ok on our test drive out on the water. We will mainly use for watersports with the younger kids, tubing and wakeboarding on inland lakes and Lake St Clair.

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many go through this debate. The only things I wish I had in my AR240 from the limiters S is the shower the rest didn’t really matter to me. I had the opportunity back then to get a limited S E-series boat for 5 k over the AR240 and looking back now I prob would have done that one at 5k over the AR240 as the larger Bimini electronic throttles and shower may have been worth it.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you spend a lot of time swimming from the boat and want to listen to music, the 6 speakers (2 on the swim platform) are invaluable. One of the main reasons I went to the Limited S. The interior is an upgrade on the Ltd S model as well.

For me I wanted Bucket seat for my wife, speakers on swim deck, 1.8l engines and a tower. I had to go Ltd S for all those and I am SO glad I did.

Granted I am in the 21ft series, but the differences are similar in the package upgrades.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added swim deck speakers in the same spot as the limitedS for 50 bucks not 8 grand.