• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 165 first service

Torkrench

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I bought my 165 in Madera which is 2 hours from where I live. The only other dealer is about the same distance the other direction and I wasn't happy with their sales staff which is why I paid more in Madera when I bought the boat. The boat is at 30 hours now. I think the first service is 25 hours, but I keep finding conflicting information on weather it's 25 or 50 hours. The local BRP dealer here won't service the engine because they claim they can't look up the boat model since it isn't a sea doo. I'm having trouble finding other places around here to do the first service.

I generally do all of my own service anyway, am I going to run into any warranty problems if I order the spark plugs and oil to do the first service myself? Also, supposedly the display will tell you when a service is required, and mine hasn't said anything. Is it officially 50 hours or 25 hours?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yes, 25h. You can find all the documents I have here, including maintenance schedule: *removed for possible copyright issues*

As for warranty, I know here in Ontario, Canada there are laws against voiding a warranty because of doing maintenance yourself. We have laws that clearly state you can do it yourself as long as you keep appropriate proof/maintenance records.

My light is also completely turned off. I suspect the dealer turned it off permanently since I'm now at 150h and it never turned on. I kind of like it that way since I don't have the software yet to reset the light. I do my own maintenance so I don't care about the light. I know when I last did it and don't need the annoying light.

Last edited: