• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2019 212 Limited S stereo uprade

MSeafood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone! New to the forum and I just acquired a 100 hr 2019 Limited S. I plan to install a couple amps, DSP, and subs this weekend while retaining the stock Polk speakers. I have the 6 RCA out adapter for the Fusion HU and was wondering about accessibility to the speaker wiring. After reading up about how the cabin speakers are wired in series (and confirming the poor sound quality with my ears) I'd like to wire them to the amps correctly. Is the series connection at the Fusion head unit or buried somewhere in the harness (if so where)? Or does everyone abandon the stock speaker wires and run new wiring? I'm putting in 2 amps, a four channel for transom and tower speakers and a 5 channel for the cabin speakers and subs.

One more question: Can the touchscreen interface be reconfigured for sub control provided the subs are wired to the correct RCA out? I didn't see sub control on the display.

I appreciate any help and I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseam in other posts. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I ran completely new oxygen free copper wire. That was the advice of people when I did my upgrade a few years ago.

Re the sub, not sure about the Fusion but I have no control on the Connext screen. I set up a WS 420 SQ to give me zone control as well as the sub. Not sure if there's a better way now.

Thanks for the advice. I ran all new speaker wires and it was pretty easy. I also ran the gain knob that came with the amp to the Helm. The stock Polks actually sound pretty good with 70 watts of clean power and EQ + crossover.

I believe the series wiring was done at the cabin speakers but I don’t recall 100%.

I ran all new wire because the stock wire is very thin. The Polk speakers have one little skinny spade connector so make sure you have those available when you do it.

I added two more of the stock model Polk speakers closer to the helm seats and that made a big difference when driving too. Maybe you don’t need those with tower speakers.

Back