• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2019 212 Limited S with 15-20 hours

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Help, questions, comments on price. I do NOT have this boat up yet, but most likely it will be in the next month. 2019 212 Limited S with ALL the belles and whistles and additions.

We purchased a 2019 212 Limited S July 18th 2020, yes just 8 short months ago. I have it in heated barn storage right now so don't have a ton of pictures and can't look at the exact hours but its somewhere between 15-20, just broken in.

I purchased it with Tax, title, set up etc for $65,000 Including the 5 year Extended Platinum YES warranty that is transferable to any owner.

Because no boat is perfect at Purchase I than added.
1. Radial Tires that have been used for one 3 hour trip at $500
2. 2 Wet Sound Marine Amps, one to power the 6 internal speakers and one to power the NEW 8 inch Towers I installed $1,400
3. 2 SKAR marine tower speakers 200 watts...these are AMAZING $800
4. Perfect Pass $1,200
5. Wake Wedge $800
6. about 3000 lbs of fat sacs including the Custom Fat sac for Back Transom at 850 lbs. $750
7. Fat Sac pump $150
8. Additional Sea Deck for walk in and front of $350.
9. The awesome Yamaha Mooring/Trailer cover (best cover I've ever owned) at $850.

So my additions are $6,800 before I even had the first 5 hours on the boat.

So I have invested $71,800 on a boat with less then 20 hours and a 5 year transferable warranty and completely set up for loud tunes and GREAT surfing.

I am going to put this boat up for sale in the next few weeks....If I can get my storage guy to pull it out of the heated barn.

The reason for selling is complicated but the short answer is we have ONE life to live. I have a wife with Stage 4 cancer that LOVES to boat and surf. This boat is the most comfortable quiet, responsive Yamaha we've ever owned. But we have 3 adult kids that like to come out and surf with us. It takes 20 to 25 minutes to set up everything for surfing and another 20 minutes to break everything down. That's one hour we lose every time we surf. Our kids love to come out but there time is limited and I end up doing most of the set up myself now as my wife can surf but can't help with set up. I want her to enjoy every minute she has left having fun and not setting up. So for an additional $60-$70,000 I can push a few buttons and we can all surf without an hour set up and break down. So I am going to be one of those crazy people and spend 6 figures on a Tige Surf boat to give my wife and kids what they want quicker..and in turn spend more time surfing.

This is the greatest yamaha I have ever owned for smooth water and large lake chop....but we surf more than we do anything so although I love the 212..I'm going to invest in a full blown surf boat. If you want a boat that does EVERYTHING well..including surfing and set up for it already...this may be the boat for you.

But my question here is simple. What should I list this boat for? I've got $71,800 into it, has the 5 year warranty is basically brand new with every addition done. I know the boat market is SUPER hot right now as the 2 Yamaha Dealers in Wisconsin both told me they probably wont get any more inventory this year....

So what should I price this at?

I have a few pictures, but not many until I get it out of storage. I want real life examples of sales...please don't low ball me as I paid cash for the Yamaha and am paying cash for the new 6 figure boat today...so I don't need to sell..but I want to maximize what its worth.

Thanks in advance!

It's A Good Life
Marc Messinger

Attachments

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I guess it depends on if you need to sell first. If you do then I would list at 60-62 and it should be gone pretty fast. If you don’t need to seek quickly I’d list it at 65-70. Good friend of mine has three kids under 10 and he was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Will be lifting you guys up in prayer when I pray for him and his family.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Marc did you end up selling or trading it in? What new boat did you get? Hope your family is doing well.