• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212x gps nav

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Side by side of my navionics and connext. After several days of running the water in Fl it looks like the onboard system is very good, not as good as navonics but close the two together make me very comfortable in unknown water! Anyone else compared them?

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Side by side of my navionics and connext. After several days of running the water in Fl it looks like the onboard system is very good, not as good as navonics but close the two together make me very comfortable in unknown water! Anyone else compared them?
I recently updated the maps on mine and I'm quite happy with the results, channel markers, shoreline, marinas, shoals, all there to see. I did a side by side with a Garmin and since they both use Navionics data, they were identical. The only thing missing from the Connext system is depths and more contour lines, but we're not big fishers so we don't care. Heads up would be nice so the maps rotate as you turn, but we can live without it. The dark blue near the shore and around obstructions is about 4-8 feet or less, which is fine with me. Dark blue, avoid, everywhere else is deep enough for safe boating. We have the Navionics app as well but will probably not renew it next year. Thought about putting in a Simrad Go5 as it'll fit nicely where the phone holder goes, but after doing the update, I don't really feel the need to cut up that shiny new dashboard.
:D

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't really feel the need to cut up that shiny new dashboard.
I used the original holes of the phone holder and a 3” hole saw cutout of black starboard and installed a ram mount for my iPad mini.

DF48D368-EB69-4FB0-92D8-2D64A584A48B.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does it retain your breadcrumb trail after you turn the key off? Mine does not.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did not use the bread crumb feature but will try it next time out. Like the iPad mini idea, what are you using for gps input (or did you get cellular model)?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did not use the bread crumb feature but will try it next time out. Like the iPad mini idea, what are you using for gps input (or did you get cellular model)?
Yes, I have the gps/cellular version but do not have it added to a plan. The gps works without a cellular data plan. But, it is helpful if you download the Navionics detailed data for your area from WiFi before you go.