• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212x water temperature gauge - faulty reading

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have a 2019 212x. In “float” mode, it displays a water temperature reading. The reading has always been way high since we got the boat (Probably 20 degrees over actual). I asked my dealer to look into it over winter, but it is still reading high. Our last trip out it was reading 86 degrees for water temp. We live in Michigan. There is no way that is anywhere close to true. The air temp that day was low 80s.

Has anybody else has that problem? Any suggestions on potential fixes? It’s not a huge deal, but it’s really annoying.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine has been fairly accurate. Have you tried float mode on the trailer? Mine basically shows the air temp while on the trailer

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
20 degrees is a lot, but maybe worth mentioning that typically the top 12" of water is significantly warmer which is where this sensor is reading. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flipdogg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212X as well, and my water temp reading has never seemed to be correct. It always reads high, seemingly reading air temp. I have not taken it in to get fixed or looked at. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but hoping there is an easy fix (other than taking it in just for that).

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine has been fairly accurate. Have you tried float mode on the trailer? Mine basically shows the air temp while on the trailer
I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll have to give it a shot and see what it reads.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
20 degrees is a lot, but maybe worth mentioning that typically the top 12" of water is significantly warmer which is where this sensor is reading. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I haven’t tried it on the trailer yet. I’ll have to see how that comes out.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212X as well, and my water temp reading has never seemed to be correct. It always reads high, seemingly reading air temp. I have not taken it in to get fixed or looked at. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but hoping there is an easy fix (other than taking it in just for that).
I tried @Matt Phillips suggestion and checked the reading in the driveway. The system said it was 92 degrees. The air temp is 78. I suppose some that could be because the boat was in the sun, but that seems like a big difference.