• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242 LSE BCU Error

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To spend $70k plus on a new boat and to have these problems is ridiculous. Plus none of these dealerships know how to fix it. I bought the 242X wake series new in 2019 and it’s hands down the worst boat I have ever owned. Regretting my purchase big time!
Sorry to hear about your problems. I haven't had any, fortunately (though I did suck up a damn golf ball last weekend).

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As an update to my issue posted earlier. It was in the shop for over a month. I alerted the dealer to this thread. They found that the nozzles of the jets were of the incorrect size and replaced them. I did get the boat back and took it out for a short spin where it seemed to be fixed. The nozzles on the side showed scrape marks where the buckets were hitting triggering the BCU error. Maybe check your nozzles for marks from teh buckets scraping as they should never contact one another. Anyway good luck and if I do have issues with mine once I get it back in the water for some real usage I will update the thread.
Hi Mike, did they look like this? Happening on my 2020 242SE. I can't imagine that they have nozzles which would fit but be so incorrect that they're hitting the buckets??
4937FC36-76CF-477D-9E9E-2CE4F85AFC75.jpeg