• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242X Depth Transducer

Planepilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
HELP! Trying to locate the Depth transducer on the boat for replacement. I have a 2019 242X E-Series and I got the Communication Error message that others have posted. I purchased the service manual online but it is inconclusive about the location and replacement of the Depth/Temperature transducer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Remove the clean out tray and you will see it mounted in the bottom of the hull. You can also see a black part of the sensor if you look under the hull near stern.

Planepilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Remove the clean out tray and you will see it mounted in the bottom of the hull. You can also see a black part of the sensor if you look under the hull near stern.
Thank you for the help. I looked in that compartment but nothing seemed obvious. I probably need to unscrew the larger part of that panel to open up the space more than the quick access panel allows. Thanks again.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is what it looks like in the hull

Attachments