• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242x subwoofer not thumping

Stinger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Having problems getting the subwoofer on our 242x to thump. Ideas and help appreciated.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How hard do you want an IB sub to thump? Maybe think about putting in another sub in a box somewhere?

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Download the Fusion app for your phone, link to your Headunit, adjust the subwoofer level to 24 and change the crossover frequency to 80hz. Will sound like a new system!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Download the Fusion app for your phone, link to your Headunit, adjust the subwoofer level to 24 and change the crossover frequency to 80hz. Will sound like a new system!
On the fusion panel on the swim deck, I linked my 2 zones together. Prior to that, adjusting volume was only changing the tower volume and nothing else. Combined with the tip above, I’m much happier with it.

I still secretly wish it had more bass though, and eventually the 2 speakers midship by the captain and admiral’s chairs.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ya I hadn't tried the fusion app till later. But, when I bought my boat and took delivery, the sub wasn't even turned on and there is no where on the connext screen to set that up. Just went to the swim platform and messed with the settings directly on the fusion head unit to set everything up. Way more options in the app and head unit than what is on the connext screen. Everything sounded good enough to my ear after that.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You guys and your fancy apps......🤣

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the fusion panel on the swim deck, I linked my 2 zones together. Prior to that, adjusting volume was only changing the tower volume and nothing else. Combined with the tip above, I’m much happier with it.

I still secretly wish it had more bass though, and eventually the 2 speakers midship by the captain and admiral’s chairs.
I’d suggest unlinking the two zones. Then go to the connext screen and find a front/rear fade position that favors the front (at least on my boat, the front is all the cockpit speakers and swim deck speakers, the rear is the tower cans and sound bar) then adjust the volume to your liking. I find the towers/sound bar to be loud but harsh with no bass, so the fade to the front brings in the subwoofer and other speakers more which I greatly prefer. Your fader will not work with your zones linked as you have them.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Only issues is the wet sounds DSP set from Yamaha is all over the place. It also blends the L/R channel also for the sub. On thing I found was to set treble to +1 or 2 , Mid to +2 or 3, and Bass to 75% or all the way. The systems highs have a very bright sound and get loud before the bass kicks in. Warring you still will not be happy.

Last edited:

Stinger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice and ideas. We got it to "thump".