• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR19 not starting

Chrisac94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi put my boat on blocks today since being stored indoors all winter. Connected the battery and the electronics would work bilge lights and horn but the screen and radio would be off. The boat would not turn over. Boat was in neutral, safety lanyard on, clean out port properly fastened. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could check? Could it be a fuse?

Did you reverse the battery cables for a second if so look for the main fuse to be blown
Also if the started clicked but the engine did not turn over check the pump liner for swelling and locking up your pump very common after the boat sat for a long time.

How about the battery, was it on a charger for the winter? If not, it's probably too low to turn the starter.

How about the battery, was it on a charger for the winter? If not, it's probably too low to turn the starter.
Thank you for the response I purchased a brand new battery today and it was still giving me the same problem

Did you reverse the battery cables for a second if so look for the main fuse to be blown
Also if the started clicked but the engine did not turn over check the pump liner for swelling and locking up your pump very common after the boat sat for a long time.
Yes I played with the throttle putting it reverse and forward also took abs removed the safety lanyard string and it wasn’t any help

Where would the main fuse be is it in the rear of the engine compartment?

be sure the small fuse by the battery hasn’t blown. Also make sure there are no wires not connected to the battery. It’s been a few years since I’ve had a Yamaha but I remember there is a small black wire that’s easy to miss and will cause a no start if not connected.

If you’d have power at your indoor storage I suggest getting an onboard charger so you don’t have to pull the batteries each year.

Can you post a picture of your battery wires? You may have a ground on the pos terminal.....

I have a dual battery set up and same thing happened to me last year. Ended up I reconnected the wires wrong. Switched and worked fine.

Check your fuse in the engine area, and also check to make sure you dont have a battery shut off near your battery, ...if so push the lever down and make sure the button pops. Once that pops, check your engine fuse and turn the key again. We had the same issue with our 18. The amp and running bilge grounds are connected to that small battery shut off, if yours has one installed it could be your issue. May look something like this. I also included an image of what ours looks like

Attachments

• 71J+547+19S._SX522_.jpg
    71J+547+19S._SX522_.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 812gpitxMPL._AC_SX466_.jpg
    812gpitxMPL._AC_SX466_.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 397535.5fe02bd7c67fc64a649331a8.xl.jpg
    397535.5fe02bd7c67fc64a649331a8.xl.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back