• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 - 3rd Battery Options

lmoretti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Decided on my audio (8 x 6.5" M3 and 2 x 10" Subs) My installer doesn't sell batteries but he is wiring up a switch for me so I can just drop in what a want. My question is what is everyone else doing? Did you add a 3rd battery holder or simply dropped a new battery in the compartment?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm not sure on the '19 setup but remember that you need to keep batteries of the same type and size. (AMG/Lead acid/ gel , & amp hr. Each type have different float voltage range.
Lead Acid For this type of battery the typical absorption voltage range 14.4 to 14.9 volts; typical float voltage range 13.1 to 13.4 volts.
AMG For this type of battery the typical absorption voltage range 14.4 to 15.0 volts; typical float voltage range 13.2 to 13.8 volts.
GEL For this type of battery the typical absorption voltage range 14.0 to 14.2 volts; typical float voltage range 13.1 to 13.3 volts.

Even that it is a small difference the batteries if hooked up in parallel will fight each other the higher voltage battery will try and charge the lower voltage battery the. The higher one will be ruined form being pulled down.

You can install a isolater to charge and keep them separate but then you are still down to one battery for audio.
Or get to of the same type and size FTW.