• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2019 Mercury 60/40 efi 4 stroke overheating

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking everywhere and trying to find an answer

My motor has 150 hours on it and has ran flawlessly.

This summer I've been able to put about 10 hours on it before it developed a massive overheating issue. Can make it about a mile or 2 before the motor shuts off and the alarm kicks on. By the spark plugs it feels warm but fine. The further you move back towards the front of the motor the hotter it gets. Touching by the starter on the block is basically too hot to hold your fingers on. Lots of steam coming from exhaust.

Rebuilt water pump, no change
Took the thermostat and cover off, seems to be a pretty good stream of water coming out
All rubber lines clear
Pees strong. But the stream is always cold even when the motor is burning up
Tried running it without the stat, still overheats
Essentially nothing I've done works and it looks like. There is flow - how is it not cooling?

Last thing I would mention is the only place there was blockage was in the jacket - the little plastic screen that is before anybody the hoses exiting the jacket and that was pretty gummed up with jet pump grease.

Only thing so can think is somehow the exhaust/water and crossing over and that's why there is so much steam or because I found grease in that one place there could be more of it in the deeper channels of the motor.

Any help would be appreciated

Back