• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2019 Scarab 165g maxed out at 5300rpm

cmark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I’m new to jet boats. With 2 people aboard the 165g continuously maxes out rpm at 5300 and 24mph (12mph with 3 adults!). I’ve checked the impeller and wear ring and all looks OK - no debris or damage. A very helpful comment on Facebook suggests reseating the ignition coils and changing spark plugs. I will do this tomorrow. I’ve also used fuel additive to clean the injectors. - I wonder if anyone has any other ideas I can try if the new spark plugs don’t fix things?

FYI, almost everyone here on the forum is on Facebook also. Almost... :)

Yes - thought it was worth asking - by the way, do you know how the throttle cable is connected to the motor? Could it be something as simple as the cable loose in its connector so it can’t physically move any further forward on the throttle lever?
I can check this as well on Friday but wondered if you knew?

That is possible... The throttle arm is connected to a cable that connects to an electronic module in front of the gauge cluster somewhere on the right (starboard). Where that is exactly and how to access it on your boat, I'm not sure since my 165 is the older model that has a very different design at the cluster. But if you know how to get in there, there's a literally adjustment that looks like a bicycle brake adjustment that allows you to tighten or loosen the cable.

There is no throttle cable that goes to the engine. It's fly by wire. It's electronic from that point to the engine.

And yes, worth asking here. Just letting you know not to get your hopes up too much about getting different types of responses here.

Back