• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab 165ID first service/Oil Change Questions

ADoyle3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
1. Has anyone attempted to pull the oil plug to get all of the oil out of the pan when doing an oil change? I have gone through the efforts to do this in the past with other inboard boats. If some one has done this and can describe the set backs I will face and/or some creative ways to use tools to get there it would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Scarab service manual suggests using their oil of course (the SynBlend) but concedes to using a 4T wet clutch motorcycle oil for supercharged engines. (mobile 1 10w40 4t comes to mind) Anyone try this?

3. The manual also suggests the cheap NGK plug (NGK, DCPR8E) for the 250HP model and the upgraded (NGK KR9E-G)(I assume platinum plug) for the 300HP model. With experience in Supercharged/Turbocharged cars I have found the better (more $ platinum plug) makes a huge difference. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

ADoyle3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I have seen the arguments people get into over oil and I don't what to start a war...However the T6 does not have the resistance to sheer that a motorcycle w/ wet clutch oil would have. It is designed to take the "sheering" from teeth in a gearbox. However with frequent changes it probably won't make a damn difference. And thanks for the BRP link. Good stuff there..