• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scarab gets 600hp and a new 28ft boat. Yamaha makes their own version of lateral thrusters so they don’t have to pay Will. Disappointed with Yamaha. I was really hoping to see something new.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Supposedly they are bringing something new to the Miami show in February.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I gotta say that Scarab really seems to be stepping it up lately. The 28' boat supposedly has a hull specifically designed for wake surfing similar to how inboards are these days and comes with 3,o0o lbs ballast and 60o hp twin 300 ACE engines. Also their new hulls are said to be able to sit in the salt water for up to 6 weeks before you need to pull them out. Personally I kind of dig their CC over the FSH. BUT, these boats are crazy priced! Talking big $$ for a top optioned 255 Center Console so I can't even imagine what their cost is going to be for a 28' wakesports center console jet boat! I'm guessing close to $100k!!

Last edited:

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I put the wife on notice that I'm buying the new Yamaha 26-27' if it comes with twin SVHO's. Compared to Surf boats in that price range, I would rather have a boat that size that is just ok at surfing but is still able to comfortably cruise at a good speed. I don't think $100k is unreasonable if the fit and finish is upgraded to match the price point.

The Scarab looks nice, but I can't believe anyone buys something in that price range with such a bad reputation and poor dealer network. I've always loved SeaDoo/Rotax, so I'm not just hating on the brand. The carbon ring seals scare me bad.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Scarab gets 600hp and a new 28ft boat. Yamaha makes their own version of lateral thrusters so they don’t have to pay Will. Disappointed with Yamaha. I was really hoping to see something new.
Where is this 28' boat? I haven't seen this thing! Can't find on google or anything.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now I want Yammy to make that boat just so I can see what @SamCF does with it.

@Speedling , I'm guess the information will be released tomorrow on it, anxious to see it myself. Leonard supposedly has video of it, but for some reason hasn't posted it yet

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where is this 28' boat? I haven't seen this thing! Can't find on google or anything.
The scarab/Yamaha dealer is talking about in one the jb Facebook group. He's at the dealer meeting.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I put the wife on notice that I'm buying the new Yamaha 26-27' if it comes with twin SVHO's. Compared to Surf boats in that price range, I would rather have a boat that size that is just ok at surfing but is still able to comfortably cruise at a good speed. I don't think $100k is unreasonable if the fit and finish is upgraded to match the price point.

The Scarab looks nice, but I can't believe anyone buys something in that price range with such a bad reputation and poor dealer network. I've always loved SeaDoo/Rotax, so I'm not just hating on the brand. The carbon ring seals scare me bad.
We would like the bigger boats for Lake Michigan for sure!
Jet drives keep the weight down for towing on either Scarab or Yamaha.
I am sure Scarab will advertise more warranty type stuff to compensate for people like you worried about paticular things.
Fact is, it all depends on where the dealers are near you and how good they are! Boat dealers are a lot more scattered than car dealers so picking a good one is extremely important!
The top engines from BRP and Yamaha are both supercharged monsters.
If I didn't boat in debris infested stuff a few times a year, I would probably get the Scarab. The clean outs have saved a lot of time and effort on the water for lake Cumberland and the Bimini run.
The cleanouts also has to be rebuilt, and I really have to keep up on maintenance throughout the year of cleaning everything out because mine seem to get stuck very easily. I have a small crowbar and a use a rope to pry out on occasion even after rebuild and sanding the sides of everything etc. So yes, cleanouts are nice, but they are also a hassle. Sometimes it's a tossup depending on which issue I am dealing with!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would guess a hull specifically designed for wake is going to have drawbacks in the top speed department? Is that not why wake boats top out at 40mph?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The scarab/Yamaha dealer is talking about in one the jb Facebook group. He's at the dealer meeting.
I noticed he also mentioned Yamaha is releasing a 26' boat in Miami?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I noticed he also mentioned Yamaha is releasing a 26' boat in Miami?
Yea that's been the rumor floating around here for a while on the forums. It's been kicked around in a few of the 2019 rumor mill threads ;). The FSH was rolled out the same way if you remember. It didn't debut it's release in August like all the other boats did. Twin SVHO would be interesting!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I would guess a hull specifically designed for wake is going to have drawbacks in the top speed department? Is that not why wake boats top out at 40mph?
Personally if u go with a jet boat you are looking to comprimise slightly so you can cruise as well. I want a bimini cruising big lake rocket with a huge surfable wake for what my 08 212ss is worth

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length