• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Slingshot/Yamaha Wakesurf Board

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like the SurfPointe/Yamaha specific wakesurf board is available separately (just received email from Slingshot)...

Slingshot pairs up with Yamaha Boats

New for 2019, Yamaha’s WakeBooster is a stern attachment built for their jet drive engines to create a larger, cleaner wave for dedicated surfers. The WakeBooster’s unique function pulls water in toward the center from the rider’s side of the boat, optimizing the shape and size of the wave for surfing. The result is a wake that’s easier to surf, with a deeper pocket, larger riding area and a nice clean curl.

As a cherry on top of the WakeBooster release, Yamaha teamed up with Slingshot Wake to create a custom, co-branded board to include with their all new surf package. Aptly named, the SurfPointe Coaster,the new board is an enlarged skim-style surfer created by Slingshot master designer Tony Logosz, with direction from the crew at Yamaha.

The result, in the words of Jeff Mckee, Slingshot Wake brand manager, is a board that “coasts like a dream, anywhere, any time and behind any boat. Hence the name The Coaster … it just keeps going. You can get farther back behind the boat than any other model we’ve ever ridden.”

“Initially, Yamaha just asked us to submit a board for testing.”Explained Greg Kish, Slingshot Sales and Marketing Director. “We didn’t know what they had in mind at the time, but we’re always stoked to work with our friends in the boat world, so we sent our Butter Bar 4’8”. After testing several different board lengths and models, we found the perfect solution for their package. To create a completely custom board, they wanted something a little longer and with more nose rocker than the Butter Bar- something that was a little easier to ride and the whole family could enjoy.”

Slingshot’s R&D team took Yamaha’s feedback, created two rounds of prototypes and the winning shape was the Coaster 5’3”. Designers from both teams worked together on the co-branded graphics package and BOOM - we can now proudly present the Slingshot-Yamaha Surfpointe Coaster 5’3”.

https://www.slingshotsports.com/2019-Coaster

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would they consider a group buy?

--

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think Slingshot would do it, but one of their retailers might. @J-RAD Maybe your colleague that retails Slingshot would be interested?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the same company that did the GP on the WakeFoils this spring right? Wonder if that is an "orchestrated coincidence" by the Yamaha Corporate folks who watch this board?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think Slingshot would do it, but one of their retailers might. @J-RAD Maybe your colleague that retails Slingshot would be interested?
Same board just without the Yamaha branding? Sounds very intriguing! A board designed specifically for a Yamaha might be hard to beat... I could certainly reach out to R7 and see what their level of interest is. The foil was such a big ticket item it was hard to generate sales. I'm curious to know how many folks would be interested in purchasing the board a la carte? Perhaps R7 would consider a sale on other Slingshot items, or just a rope/board combo?

I ended up more heavily involved in the foil group buy than I intended... maybe I need to become a Slingshot dealer? It might not be as fun as it sounds... lol!

This is the same company that did the GP on the WakeFoils this spring right? Wonder if that is an "orchestrated coincidence" by the Yamaha Corporate folks who watch this board?
Yes, Slingshot is the same brand as the foils offered in the group buy. Interesting theory...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same board just without the Yamaha branding? Sounds very intriguing! A board designed specifically for a Yamaha might be hard to beat... I could certainly reach out to R7 and see what their level of interest is. The foil was such a big ticket item it was hard to generate sales. I'm curious to know how many folks would be interested in purchasing the board a la carte? Perhaps R7 would consider a sale on other Slingshot items, or just a rope/board combo?

I ended up more heavily involved in the foil group buy than I intended... maybe I need to become a Slingshot dealer? It might not be as fun as it sounds... lol!

Yes, Slingshot is the same brand as the foils offered in the group buy. Interesting theory...
I would be interested in the board.
The design seems to make a lot of sense.
We have a Hyperlite Quad, which is pretty fantastic, but this board is a radically different design, it would be really fun to compare.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be interested in the board.
The design seems to make a lot of sense.
We have a Hyperlite Quad, which is pretty fantastic, but this board is a radically different design, it would be really fun to compare.

--
It does sound like it might be a fun ride as a skim style board. My favorite right now is a Hyperlite Time Machine, which seems quite similar to your quad.
I'm still just anxious to try out my swim deck ballast... I don't know if I'm in the market for another board...? I've got 3 surfers already, how many before it's determined I've got a board hoarding problem? Lol!

Last edited: