• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha 242SE - good deal?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the opportunity to buy this from a friend for $50k, 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S E Series. 40 hours. Trailer and cover.

I know nothing about boats or jet boats. This would be my first boat, I’ve had a waverunner for 15 years.

knowing nothing about the market, is this a good deal?

Last edited:
I’d say yes that is a very good price. But I don’t know anything about the condition of the boat or where you are located.

I’d say yes that is a very good price. But I don’t know anything about the condition of the boat or where you are located.

located in nj. I don’t know the condition first hand, it’s currently wrapped at a dry dock. I’ve only seen it on his lift from my dock lol. No reason not to believe him.

Last edited:
I have the opportunity to buy this from my neighbor for $50k, 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S E Series. 40 hours. Trailer and cover.

I know nothing about boats or jet boats. This would be my first boat, I’ve had a waverunner for 15 years.

If it is in good condition and everything runs, that boat can fetch between $75,000 and $80,000 on the open market easily maybe another $5k or so higher. I guess the question is why would he take circa $25,000 less than he could most assuredly get? He could easily get in the Mid 60's or a bit more from a dealer.

If it is in good condition and everything runs, that boat can fetch between $75,000 and $80,000 on the open market easily maybe another $5k or so higher. I guess the question is why would he take circa $25,000 less than he could most assuredly get? He could easily get in the Mid 60's or a bit more from a dealer.

Sounds like a good deal then. But there is the exact same boat in the Hamptons NY listed for $59.9k right now. It was listed for 70k for a while and dropped 10k this week.

He took 20k for his 2012 AR240 when he traded it in in 2019. Not really worried about the money.

Last edited:
If the boat is in good condition it is a great price

I have the opportunity to buy this from a friend for $50k, 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S E Series. 40 hours. Trailer and cover.

Tell him I’m interested and will be down tomorrow if you pass by it

Back