• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha single engine best options

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I too just purchased the Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 and the Lucky 13 cone and i dont even have my boat yet. This forum will bankrupt me before i even take ownership, LOL

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On my third time out the water was nice and calm. I practiced no wake mode maneuvering in open water. I was feeling confident coming into the dock system where I needed a 90 degree turn to my slip. Didn’t go quite as I envisioned but much better than the windy day. I’ve been reading the posts and the cobras are vey intriguing. I can’t find anybody that put them on a single engine 2019 though. I’d love to hear a review of that.
I put cobras on my 2016 sx192 definitely helped

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would not run a 190 without Cobras.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So take your 19 foot or any jet boat for that matter and turn while you rapidly decelerate with no cobra steering added and you will understand how different it is with the full time steering assistance so small a price for such a huge difference and speed bleed off in turns while towing tubes is also a huge difference with the steering here is a @swatski video of a S turn AFTER pulling the throttles to neutral yes no thrust try that sometime.

His explanation of the video "The first clip shows how stable the steering is - first 15 sec or so I just run strait with almost no manual input, the steering is amazingly stable.
The "figure S" maneuver at about 23sec - when cutting the engines (pulling both throttles from WOT into neutral, THEN initiating the "S" turn): "

So for those of you that want super control at all speeds get the super steering single or twin engine it's all about your time on the water and getting the most out of it.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm personally a fan without fins. But thats just me.
I've been really happy with mine without fins. I kinda want to try them now to see what all the fuss is about.

It's hard to have an educated opinion about something without knowing both sides very well, and I currently have no experience with fins, so I really want to give the fins a try to either confirm or deny the added benefits.

My concern is that I don't really want the boat to drive like my old I/O, I want it to continue to drive like a jet. Especially at low speed. I like that it slides around a little bit when docking, and I've developed a whole new methodology for driving it as compared to my old I/O boat. The maneuverability is SOOOOOOOO much better in the jet (I can literally spin it on it's axis, as well as crab-walk it sideways), my I/O would have never done that........With that said, I have a MONSTER "dead spot" in the steering on center. A full 90deg of steering input does NOTHING for directional changes. Not sure if something is wrong with my setup, or if jets are just this way. I hate how much it bleeds off speed in a turn. I wish it tracked better over nearly parallel wakes. These are all things that fins are supposed to address, so I should at least give them a shot before persuading anyone one way or another.

There are VERY few unsatisfied users out there. That has to say something right?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
haaaa you can drive sideways on a wave, hell I even jump wakes sideways I can land behind a boat and turn in the center of his wake and go right back out the side I came in on never getting off the gas, heck I was out jumping huge hurricane waves in the gulf of Mexico a few years back and positioning myself just ahead of where the wave was breaking at the top to get the most air because I had steering. I can tow tubes, swing them sideways at serious speeds then cut around head of them and sit in front of them while they are still sliding so fast they think they are going to collide with me and watch the look on their faces. I learned that trick with the very first jet boat I built the steering for back in 2001. you just have no idea jet boat feel screw that nonsense I like the jet plane feel.

Last edited:

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm personally a fan without fins. But thats just me.
Me too personally these boats are pretty easy to walk back-and-forth using a combination of forward thrust and reverse thrust in the right directions once you get the hang of it. At least the 2019’s anyway. I also agree though if you are having someone else man the helm that’s never driven a jet boat it could be tricky

Probably Spam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put the Super Ultimate fins on my ‘19 AR190 a couple weeks ago. Huge huge huge improvement. No wake and reverse are both way more responsive and natural-feeling. When going forward at no wake speed the boat tracks so much straighter than it used to - no more constant spinning/correcting of the steering wheel just to keep the damn thing going in a straight line. The boat is also easier to maneuver in a strong current and/or wind. The improved handling when decelerating/coming off of plane is also light years better. These fins are well worth the $200-something in my opinion.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would think that the dual engine gang would be fine without the fins since they can spin on a dime with those dual throttles but us single engine group definitely benefit from it hugely!! Between the Cobra Steering system and the Lucky13 cone, probably the best 2 mods that can be done to the 190/195 series IMHO.

dcampb011

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time boat owner and its a 2019 SX190. Had a very hard time steering it. Found the Cobra Super Ultimate kit for it and bought it. Installed it and was the like a new boat! I could actually dock it now and is much easier to maneuver. If this did not work I was literally selling the boat to a friend. If you are thinking about getting it do not hesitate, it is truly like a different boat.cobrafins.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you