• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195s connext screen falling out

Cainon01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was installing a hydrophase speed control this weekend and when I was getting my dash loosened I noticed the nuts were loose that hold the screen to the dash. I tried to tighten the nuts but the studs were turning. I then pulled the dash plate out and the screen just fell back into the helm! All the studs broke free from the epoxy holding them in. There was just a very skinny strip of plastic keeping it there just wiggling and waiting to fall out. If you have one with the 7" screen you might just crawl in the helm and check for tightness.0417221729.jpg0417221729a.jpg0417221526.jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s a pretty new boat for something like that to happen already.
Absolutely- I would contact the dealer see if they will warranty that!

Cainon01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Absolutely- I would contact the dealer see if they will warranty that!
I agree but the dealer is 2 hours away. I'm going to do a way better job of epoxy than they did. Some of the holes barely had any in it from rhe factory. I already got the old stuff out and ran the smooth side of the posts on my bench grinder for better adhesion.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree but the dealer is 2 hours away. I'm going to do a way better job of epoxy than they did. Some of the holes barely had any in it from rhe factory. I already got the old stuff out and ran the smooth side of the posts on my bench grinder for better adhesion.
Probably just an error during installation like someone in a rush or something. This is the first time I've heard of the 7" screens being loose. But now I'll have to check mine this weekend when I get her opened up and ready for boating. Sunday might be the first day if the forecast holds!
:)

Cainon01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Probably just an error during installation like someone in a rush or something. This is the first time I've heard of the 7" screens being loose. But now I'll have to check mine this weekend when I get her opened up and ready for boating. Sunday might be the first day if the forecast holds!
:)
Was yours still holding? I'm sure you probably saw that Hoyts fell out.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Was yours still holding? I'm sure you probably saw that Hoyts fell out.
Yes mine is still tight...Loctite on the threads for the screen and also on the dash holding it. One of the studs holding the dash piece in place came loose when I removed it to install my chartplotter, so when I put it back in I put Loctite on all the threads as needed.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes mine is still tight...Loctite on the threads for the screen and also on the dash holding it. One of the studs holding the dash piece in place came loose when I removed it to install my chartplotter, so when I put it back in I put Loctite on all the threads as needed.
The problem is definitely the dash bolts coming loose allowing everything to rattle. Which then rattles the screen loose. Pretty easy fix. Took me about 30 minutes start to finish. Definitely not going anywhere now though.