• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195s top speed 45?

Slayer7391

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
First time out on my 195s and wanted to see it's top speed with 3 on board plus 87% oof gas. Could only reach 45 mph. Wife and I were sitting on driver an passenger seats daughter was sitting on the bow. Not reaching its stated 49 mph be caused due to no one sitting on the rear causing it to ride front heavy? Maybe pump couldn't get enough traction? Looking for feedback.

First time out on my 195s and wanted to see it's top speed with 3 on board plus 87% oof gas. Could only reach 45 mph. Wife and I were sitting on driver an passenger seats daughter was sitting on the bow. Not reaching its stated 49 mph be caused due to no one sitting on the rear causing it to ride front heavy? Maybe pump couldn't get enough traction? Looking for feedback.
Is it broken in yet? 10h service? So many factors can affect top speed- wind weight Bimini windshield open closed, waves current. Mine topped at 50 when I did a speed run just me, no Bimini, 1 wakeboard very light ripple waves. Most of the time top at 45-46 loaded with Bimini and surf board out on racks.

things to check - caulking sealing around intake, look at impeller check for bends dents or damage, make sure the shaft is free of debris. And double check the bucket in the back is clear of nozzle when in forward gear. Aside from that I don’t know.

Elevation could play a factor as well as gas octane. I'm typically around 45 as well loaded with the kids and gear but I'm in Utah with a little higher elevation so not expecting to go much higher than that. I've only been able to get up to 48 on a smooth day with just myself. Regardless, still a fun boat all around!

Anyone in the bow will scrub speed. We generally lost 3+ mph if wife and young daughter at the time were in the bow.

As mentioned elevation can also play a role.

Yes it's broten in currently has 25 hrs with oil change at 10 hrs. I'm in Florida so don't believe elevation had an effect. Thanks for the feedback next time out I'll try having daughter sit in the rear seat see if that makes a difference. I thought maybe prop wasn't getting a good bite due to it riding a bit front heavy. Thanks

You will know when impeller is not hooking up and what is referred to as cavitation. If you’ve ever had a manual transmission in a car or truck it’s the same sensations as a slipping clutch. RPM’s will be high but “bite” in the water will not hook-up. Kind of the same if spinning tires in mud. If you’re feeling immediate acceleration as RPM’s climb then it’s likely hooking up fine.

My daughter and wife weigh next to nothing combined and just their weight alone in the bow would scrub several mph on glassy lake conditions. More of the hull surface is in the water which equates to more drag and less mph.

Think our max speed was 47, maybe 48. Sometime when water conditions allow, will strip the Bimini off remove boards et cetera and see if we can get to 50. Might also have to run it through the in-water boat wash to clean the hull, for best results.

Think our max speed was 47, maybe 48. Sometime when water conditions allow, will strip the Bimini off remove boards et cetera and see if we can get to 50. Might also have to run it through the in-water boat wash to clean the hull, for best results.
When conditions are perfect ?

Attachments

• F5699ACF-A7CB-4007-87EB-38109C2B2FF6.jpeg
    F5699ACF-A7CB-4007-87EB-38109C2B2FF6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
These boats are like large Wave Runners...need that air under the bow to lift and reduce drag. Sit everyone balanced at the stern. You'll get there!

These boats are like large Wave Runners...need that air under the bow to lift and reduce drag. Sit everyone balanced at the stern. You'll get there!
That’s my favorite part- driving these things like a wave runner! At least the times I’ve gone out myself- that’s the way I describe it to others- basically an oversized jet ski. Too much fun to be had.

Made an afternoon run today. Dog, both kids, the wife and myself with cooler and gear, 45-46mph with a full tank of gas pretty smooth water.

Back