• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 210 FSH Trailer Rebuild

chileanJK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Very good job!!, the picture with the boat in the air supported by 2x4 make me so nervous, living in a seismic country doesn't help.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Very good job!!, the picture with the boat in the air supported by 2x4 make me so nervous, living in a seismic country doesn't help.
No seismic events here but we did have some really high winds while it was up on chocks.

The 2x4s were only there for support. All of the weight was on jackstands that had plywood and leather interface to the keel. The 2x4s were arranged in a manner to resist movement in all degrees of freedom. It was pretty stable although i wouldnt have wanted to climb inside the boat like that. I was nervous about it so kept checking it during the week but it remained rock solid. Wet slipping it for a week would have been a better option and what i would recommend to anyone else.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is another view of the livewell pickup. The boat is still jacked up with the trailer underneath so there is a gap, but it shows relationship forward and aft to the livewell pickup and the slides.
View attachment 195519
To me, the question is why is the opening of the thru hull pointing in the wrong direction?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Much better pic. In that pic it looks like it’s pointed the correct way.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had a chance to launch the boat with the rebuilt trailer and it wasnt enough experience to determine yet whether or not I like the bunk slides. However, while working on the boat today I notices that the bunks werent making good and even contact, something I wouldnt have noticed with the carpet. I also made an observation that the equalizer bars were maxed out front high, which I thought was weird since the trailer tongue was raised up. As it turns out, thumbing thru the before pictures, it was the same situation with the carpeted bunks. Keep in mind the left tire in this picture is forward and the tongue elevated.
20230218_123900.jpg
I took out my level and noticed that the aluminum I beams were bending to the point that it was causing the equalizer bar to max out fromt tire high, even with the tongue elevated. So I pulled out the jack amd started lifting the bow of the boat. Low and behold, the pads started making even contact and the equalizer bars leveled out. Now with the boat in what I think is the proper position, this is what the bow roller position looked like.
20230311_110116.jpg
I adjusted the bow roller position and everything seems now to balance out appropriately. Has anyone else with an aluminum trailer seen anything like this?

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just wondering if you marked the initial roller support position and replaced it where it was? Could account for the difference.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just wondering if you marked the initial roller support position and replaced it where it was? Could account for the difference.
The roller position was never moved. I left that part on during the rebuild so it is in the exact same position as when I got the boat. At least it was until today.
I was looking for a thread I vaguely remember seeing where someone was saying the spare tire was bending the frame out but I bet it is bow roller position too. I would really like to find that thread.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The roller position was never moved. I left that part on during the rebuild so it is in the exact same position as when I got the boat. At least it was until today.
I was looking for a thread I vaguely remember seeing where someone was saying the spare tire was bending the frame out but I bet it is bow roller position too. I would really like to find that thread.
I remember that thread as well…I have no idea where it is though.

That’s darn interesting what you noticed about the equalizer and boat / fender contact, I’ll be checking mine as well. However, I slid the winch/bow roller tower back 3” some time ago so the transducer wouldn’t hit the starboard bunk.

I take it the boat loaded relatively level today?

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had a chance to launch the boat with the rebuilt trailer and it wasnt enough experience to determine yet whether or not I like the bunk slides. However, while working on the boat today I notices that the bunks werent making good and even contact, something I wouldnt have noticed with the carpet. I also made an observation that the equalizer bars were maxed out front high, which I thought was weird since the trailer tongue was raised up. As it turns out, thumbing thru the before pictures, it was the same situation with the carpeted bunks. Keep in mind the left tire in this picture is forward and the tongue elevated.
View attachment 195698
I took out my level and noticed that the aluminum I beams were bending to the point that it was causing the equalizer bar to max out fromt tire high, even with the tongue elevated. So I pulled out the jack amd started lifting the bow of the boat. Low and behold, the pads started making even contact and the equalizer bars leveled out. Now with the boat in what I think is the proper position, this is what the bow roller position looked like.
View attachment 195699
I adjusted the bow roller position and everything seems now to balance out appropriately. Has anyone else with an aluminum trailer seen anything like this?
So when you say you adjusted the bow roller, did you just slide the whole roller / tower assembly aft? Yellow arrow.
Or did you also rotate the roller / winch holder upwards? Red arrow.
I ask because it appears in the picture that the bow eye would hit the centerline of the roller instead of being just below it. Blue arrow.

29057418-0942-4377-B2D4-5C4023BB4E20.jpeg

Good job locating the thread ! I looked as well but couldn’t find it!

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I moved it up and back to get to the proper boat position. I dont like it though because it means that i transferred some load from the front crossmember to the bow roller and on second thought I dont think that is a good idea. It is starting to turn into a science project but I think I need to experiment with moving the boat back to distribute more of the load onto the back crossmembers and then adjusting the bow so that it just supports in the right position. Then I would need to look at moving the wheels potentially to get the right weight on the tongue.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I moved it up and back to get to the proper boat position. I dont like it though because it means that i transferred some load from the front crossmember to the bow roller and on second thought I dont think that is a good idea. It is starting to turn into a science project but I think I need to experiment with moving the boat back to distribute more of the load onto the back crossmembers and then adjusting the bow so that it just supports in the right position. Then I would need to look at moving the wheels potentially to get the right weight on the tongue.
I think Shorlandr states 7% on the tongue? While a science project to be sure, seems pretty straight forward…the axle assembly is just a truck that’s bolted to the actual boat hauling cradle. Wonder if using a different position on the adjustable bunk holder brackets would be in order?

Just so I’m clear, did you make the adjustments to the winch tower before your launch with the new bunk board set up or after? I’d be interested to know how the boat re loaded after making those adjustments….

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did not move the roller until after I loaded the boat on the new bunks. I did notice the equalizer bar bottomed out though, I just wasn't sure what to do about it yet.What i am about to do us just take the boat down to the ramp, bring some wrenches, a level, and a tape measure, and start loading at different places on the bunks and see what I can find out. Dont worry, Ill take lots of pictures!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did not move the roller until after I loaded the boat on the new bunks. I did notice the equalizer bar bottomed out though, I just wasn't sure what to do about it yet.What i am about to do us just take the boat down to the ramp, bring some wrenches, a level, and a tape measure, and start loading at different places on the bunks and see what I can find out. Dont worry, Ill take lots of pictures!
Any updates?