• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 212s mini review

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I used to have a 2015 242 LS which I overly upgraded...
I since upgraded to a 40' vessel. I am selling my boat and looking into the 212 S. I have two big questions:
1. How is the stereo sound quality and volume? I really don't feel like upgrading but I LOVE my music.
2. With the bridge collapsed, what it the height of the boat on the trailer from the floor to the highest point? My garage is 24' long but the height of the door concerns me. Can anybody help?

Thank you!
I have a 2021 212S. I had new tower support cables made that are 25” long and I am clearing an 8’ high garage door opening. Not sure why Yamaha hasn’t implemented this change. Seems like they could sell (but likely not produce) many more 21 series boats if the tower folded to under 8’

Stereo is pretty good. Head unit in back of boat is a good start. I ended up adding a remote display/controller at the passenger console and a Sirius/XM tuner which all plugged into the factory harness easily. I replaced all the speakers with JL Audio with the exception of the 2 rear speakers on the swim deck which are 5” and JL doesn’t make a 5” so I went with Wetsounds. I added 2 JL Tower speakers and 2 small JL amps. A little over $2000 for in my opinion a big improvement with minimal additional battery drain.

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212S. I had new tower support cables made that are 25” long and I am clearing an 8’ high garage door opening. Not sure why Yamaha hasn’t implemented this change. Seems like they could sell (but likely not produce) many more 21 series boats if the tower folded to under 8’

Stereo is pretty good. Head unit in back of boat is a good start. I ended up adding a remote display/controller at the passenger console and a Sirius/XM tuner which all plugged into the factory harness easily. I replaced all the speakers with JL Audio with the exception of the 2 rear speakers on the swim deck which are 5” and JL doesn’t make a 5” so I went with Wetsounds. I added 2 JL Tower speakers and 2 small JL amps. A little over $2000 for in my opinion a big improvement with minimal additional battery drain.
Where did you have the cables done? Can I fabricate my own cable?
I am guessing those cables restrict the downward motion of the tower when collapsed? I didn't have this on the 242 LS. Also, what if you remove the cables all together? Can the tower rest on the seat or inside the boat? I am afraid my garage opening is shorter then 8'

Thank you so much for the input!

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Where did you have the cables done? Can I fabricate my own cable?
I am guessing those cables restrict the downward motion of the tower when collapsed? I didn't have this on the 242 LS. Also, what if you remove the cables all together? Can the tower rest on the seat or inside the boat? I am afraid my garage opening is shorter then 8'

Thank you so much for the input!
I had them made by the local Certex USA rigging supply. They have branches across the country and any rigging supply company can make them. If you remove the cables the tower actually rests on the sides of the windshield. It needs some sort of limiting device as it needs to be in a specific position to give maximum clearance.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
looking into the 212 S. I have two big questions:
1. How is the stereo sound quality and volume? I really don't feel like upgrading but I LOVE my music.
The speakers are fine but you need to add an amp to get the speakers louder while cruising. I put in a JL Audio compact amp to drive 8 stock Polk speakers and it sounds great now.
2. With the bridge collapsed, what it the height of the boat on the trailer from the floor to the highest point? My garage is 24' long but the height of the door concerns me. Can anybody help?
Height on trailer is 8'5" folded down but you can extend the cables to get it down to about 8'.

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The speakers are fine but you need to add an amp to get the speakers louder while cruising. I put in a JL Audio compact amp to drive 8 stock Polk speakers and it sounds great now.

Height on trailer is 8'5" folded down but you can extend the cables to get it down to about 8'.
Thank you so much. My garage door is 3/8" shy of 7 foot. This doesn't seems to be in my favor unless I can lower the bridge even further down. With my 242 I used a storage facility and it was a pita. I was hoping to avoid it with a smaller boat.

Out of curiosity, what JL amp model you used?
On my last 2 boats I used JL and hardware alone reached an average of 4.25k per boat (lots of speakers, and amazing quality)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you so much. My garage door is 3/8" shy of 7 foot. This doesn't seems to be in my favor unless I can lower the bridge even further down. With my 242 I used a storage facility and it was a pita. I was hoping to avoid it with a smaller boat.
Yeah I don't think you'll be able to get a 210/212 under 7ft as the hull is taller. Garage storage wasn't an option for me as my garage is single and 18' so a 19ft wouldn't fit anyway.
Out of curiosity, what JL amp model you used?
It's the MX500/4 but the MX280 would have worked just as well for 50+w per speaker. I only bought the 500 since it was on sale for about the same price as the 280 and gave me some extra headroom.