• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 242X Audio Line out? (Coax)

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes mine came stock with with the port side sub, the AS-10 was in addition. It did help with overall sound in my opinion, however an open air sub would perform the best. I installed the AS10 because I had it already before I purchased the boat.

The OEM Wet Sounds sub is not bad, it's just not tuned to it's max potential from the factory. 1st step is to download the fusion app to adjust the sub level.(you cannot do this from the head unit) If you haven't done this already you'll be surprised on the sound improvement.
The OEM setup (amps) do have sub level RCA signal wires but the WS DPS on the HTX6 does not use the signal. I cut the sub RCAs and the sub still plays. Then I cut the ZONE1 RCAs added the line driver EQ and the sub did what it should have from the factory.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@jacoviii do you have pics of your second sub installation? Did you end up reinforcing the fiberglass in either location? I followed your pictures/advice and installed a dedicated amp (500w RMS) for my existing sub and am very pleased with the additional output and tuning control I now have. I was hesitant to install the second sub simply because there is a huge loomed wire bundle directly behind the spot I planned to put the sub. Any issues with that?

Thanks again for all of your research and help!
I took the cubby out and clipped the wire tie. Then held the wiring harness back with a old piece of pvc so I could cut the hole. When I push the sub into its hole one half of the harness went on top of the magnetic. The other went under.

Attachments