• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 242X Maintenance Due Alarm?

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got a maintenance due alarm for the starboard engine last weekend and don't know what causing it. Anyone know what the below codes means in the for the Starboard Engine? The port engine screen looks the same but it's not giving the warning (yet).

alarm-1.JPG
alarm-2.JPG
alarm--3.JPG

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hummm, I just got something similar on mine but it was because I just went past the 10hr mark and the oil needs to be changed per the owners manual.

That just may be a maintenance reminder for service at a certain time interval. Whats the hours on your Port engine? I'm sure the starboard engine has a slightly different number of hours, (like .1-.2) so it will probably have a pop up alert when that interval triggers. 2020 Yami, so probably near 100hrs or so on the engines? Just look up the hours and see if there is anything in your manual that corresponds to some form of maintenance like 100hrs, 150hrs 200hrs etc.

Just my thoughts. It doesn't look like something is wrong but more of a reminder.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That alarm is based on hours. If you go into system settings and then reset your maintenance schedule, it'll go away until next time. I believe it's a 50 hour alarm. But also, make sure you change plugs and oil!