• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 ar195s gps will not relocate to new location fix please

Tysonmartel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My brother inlaw had a 2020 ar195s and the gps will not relocate to a new lake. You can touch the icon on the screen but it will not recenter location

Wescoast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have a 2020 ar195s supercharged 1.8 and my gps will not re locate to new lake it is stuck where I purchased the boat. Tried the bullseye icon in the top left of the screen and it does nothing? Is there any helpful advise anyone can lend me on this matter please and thank you.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Contact your dealer - may be a GPS receiver issue?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2 new accounts, same odd question, .... doesn't seem ligit.

Wescoast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Contact your dealer - may be a GPS receiver issue?
I called the dealer they told me all they have ever done is hit the little bullseye button on the top left. Every time I hit this but it re locates me to where I purchased the boat. I disconnected the battery also tried to unplug the sending unit either of those two things worked.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2020 ar195s supercharged 1.8 and my gps will not re locate to new lake it is stuck where I purchased the boat. Tried the bullseye icon in the top left of the screen and it does nothing? Is there any helpful advise anyone can lend me on this matter please and thank you.
Maybe a software update would fix?

Wescoast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
that is possible do you have to go to a dealer to do that?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
that is possible do you have to go to a dealer to do that?
Yes the dealer would need to connect to the unit to update it. However I recall someone had an issue where their GPS antenna failed - it's the white hockey puck sized disk in front of the windshield. It's an easy item to get replaced, but the dealer would probably need to confirm before ordering a new one.

Wescoast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yes the dealer would need to connect to the unit to update it. However I recall someone had an issue where their GPS antenna failed - it's the white hockey puck sized disk in front of the windshield. It's an easy item to get replaced, but the dealer would probably need to confirm before ordering a new one.
Thank you for the insight, is it possible that I need to re acquire the satellite I’ve read that if it’s been off for long periods of time then back on and moved it needs to be re acquired?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you for the insight, is it possible that I need to re acquire the satellite I’ve read that if it’s been off for long periods of time then back on and moved it needs to be re acquired?
No, the GPS system works on multiple satellites automatically...position acquisition time is based on signal strength mainly, so if you're parked indoors or under trees or power lines it may not lock or take a long time to lock. When my SUV goes through the car wash, my GPS signal is lost, but it's locked again about 10 seconds after I come out of the car wash. Out at the boat ramp with nothing overhead, my boat's GPS lock is virtually instant.