• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR210 captains seat swivel

Kaschool

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Silly question but is the captains chair on the 2020 AR210 only supposed to swivel about 45degrees? I thought it could swivel all the way around to face the rear but after trying it doesn’t appear so. Also it does not swivel at all to the right.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
From what I remember reading the manual you are correct, it does not swivel all the way around

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR210 and was super annoyed by this. I fixed this issue last year and it works flawlessly. The seat now locks into place at the 90 and 180 degree mark as well. Super easy. I’m copying what SupetD said in a previous post somewhere on this site. “If you lift straight up on the seat it will come off the base. In the base post you will see an Allen screw on the outside of the post with a nut on the inside. Remove the Allen screw and nut, place the seat back on the post, you will then have full rotation of the seat. Takes less than 5 minutes to do, just be careful and don’t drop the nut inside the post.” Hope this helps.

Kaschool

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
excited to try this tomorrow Paul! Thanks kindly for sharing this tip!!!

AncientCanoe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they put that screw limiter there so the back of the chair doesn't hit the throttles. I still did the mod, but just don't go swiveling while engines are running.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I believe they put that screw limiter there so the back of the chair doesn't hit the throttles. I still did the mod, but just don't go swiveling while engines are running.
Good call!

Kaschool

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So tried this today on my 2020 and I could not lift the seat up. Had the tension control knob all the way loosened but still would not lift off the base. Any ideas?

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious if the 2020 seat is different from the 2018.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious if the 2020 seat is different from the 2018.
Paul, were you actually able to just lift up the seat on a 2018 AR210? Did you have to loosen or remove any screws first? I also have a 2018 and want to do this.... seat should swivel 180 degrees!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my 2020 195S you can't swivel the seat 360 degrees because it bumps up against the side rails. Maybe a different seat design.

AncientCanoe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 AR210 you can just lift the seat off. I can't imagine the changed that for 2020 I would guess yours is just seized a bit and requires more elbow grease. Maybe get down there with some WD40 or something.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 AR210 you can just lift the seat off. I can't imagine the changed that for 2020 I would guess yours is just seized a bit and requires more elbow grease. Maybe get down there with some WD40 or something.
Unreal since I tried taking the seat off to fix this last year.... anyway, went out just now and popped the seat off by simply lifting it. Used a 4 Allen Wrench and 11mm wrench to undo the screw. All fixed and thank you

Kaschool

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is really odd - I pulled on the seat with a lot of force and it didn't budge. tried different options like pulling it and turning it, pulling the tilt/slide mechanism out (extended) and then tried pulling up on the seat and still does not come off.

I assume you all are pulling up on the seat and not some other part? I'm really baffled as I can't see anything from below that could be stopping it

rich

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try to wiggle it while pulling it strait up.
it will come off. It’s a weird design.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On my 2020 195S you can't swivel the seat 360 degrees because it bumps up against the side rails. Maybe a different seat design.
I've sat on the 195s at the boat show, and it will swivel around to the 180 degree mark and lock there, but you need to slide the seat forward a bit before you swivel to get clearance from the starboard side. It's designed so you can swivel around to the cockpit table. Port seat does the same and the occupant can put their legs on the rear seating.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've sat on the 195s at the boat show, and it will swivel around to the 180 degree mark and lock there, but you need to slide the seat forward a bit before you swivel to get clearance from the starboard side. It's designed so you can swivel around to the cockpit table. Port seat does the same and the occupant can put their legs on the rear seating.
They may have changed the seat for the 195 since the table is behind the captain chair and it would only make sense to swivel around to face it. For the AR210, the table is either on the STBD side or the mount on the swim deck.

Screennameinuse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR210 and was super annoyed by this. I fixed this issue last year and it works flawlessly. The seat now locks into place at the 90 and 180 degree mark as well. Super easy. I’m copying what SupetD said in a previous post somewhere on this site. “If you lift straight up on the seat it will come off the base. In the base post you will see an Allen screw on the outside of the post with a nut on the inside. Remove the Allen screw and nut, place the seat back on the post, you will then have full rotation of the seat. Takes less than 5 minutes to do, just be careful and don’t drop the nut inside the post.” Hope this helps.

I'm so glad you posted this! I've had my '17 AR210 since the show room floor. This last weekend it was brought up in conversation as to why it doesn't swivel all the way , which surprisingly had never crossed my mind. I jumped on the forum to see if anyone have made pedestal mods and found this. Thanks for the post. I'll give this a try tomorrow.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also REALLY appreciated this post! I have a 2020 AR210. To remove the seat you must first partially swivel it so it is not in the locked position. Then you can pull it straight up and off the post. Remove the Allen bolt and nut that go through the post which is all that stops the seat, put the seat back on and you're done! By far the best cheapest upgrade I've done so far! The best is the seat now has 3 locking positions and it turns the captains chair into a lounge when it's backwards!! No issue with it hitting the throttle levers or anything either.

Attachments

Top Bottom