• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 fsh speaker placement question

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello everyone

Just picked up a 2020 fsh. Love it! As everyone knows the sound system is lacking. I noticed some had placed additional speakers up at the front on older models. Has anyone speakers along the side behind the rod holders on the port and starboard? Seems like a good spot for some. Not sure if its deep enough to mount them there. Any help would be appreciated. Be safe out there everyone.

Reasy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!
The 190 console is a bit tighter than the 210 but not by much.
The 210 comes with 4 speakers. Check out the brochures and posted pictures.
It should be an easy install.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Make sure the balance and fader are correct. It is a good system on the 21 when underway I can hear it fine. If you want a pumping system that’s different.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello everyone

Just picked up a 2020 fsh. Love it! As everyone knows the sound system is lacking. I noticed some had placed additional speakers up at the front on older models. Has anyone speakers along the side behind the rod holders on the port and starboard? Seems like a good spot for some. Not sure if its deep enough to mount them there. Any help would be appreciated. Be safe out there everyone.
I added two tower speakers with a 5 channel amp (expansion for future speakers) and mounted them to the outside rocket launchers. With the additional tower speakers pretty much above the Captain's head, you get good sound when underway (even WOT).
20200416_143513.jpg20190627_073222.jpg20190627_073246.jpg

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2 cents on speakers.. place them on the gunnels to get good sound when you're in motion. I upgraded all my speakers to wet sounds 6.5' and added in 1 extra speaker on each gunnel (circled in red), as well as two 10 inch free air subs (to go along with the 6 speakers). I've got 2 Wet Sound Amps running power to everything (1500 watts total). I wanted to avoid tower speakers on a center console, just wasn't my thing.

1587505652361.png

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2 cents on speakers.. place them on the gunnels to get good sound when you're in motion. I upgraded all my speakers to wet sounds 6.5' and added in 1 extra speaker on each gunnel (circled in red), as well as two 10 inch free air subs (to go along with the 6 speakers). I've got 2 Wet Sound Amps running power to everything (1500 watts total). I wanted to avoid tower speakers on a center console, just wasn't my thing.

View attachment 116511
I'm looking to add two more speakers to my 2021 FSH Sport and was thinking of locating them more towards the stern near where the seat backs fit for the two jump seats. However, looking at your post and location, that would make perfect placement for being in motion where I can not hear anything. Was it hard running the speaker cable from that location? Did you have to feed the speaker wire back through battery compartment, engine compartment and then fuel tank compartment to reach the helm? Do you happen to have pictures of the install? I'm just worried of drilling into anything on the gunnels.

zaclh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm looking to add two more speakers to my 2021 FSH Sport and was thinking of locating them more towards the stern near where the seat backs fit for the two jump seats. However, looking at your post and location, that would make perfect placement for being in motion where I can not hear anything. Was it hard running the speaker cable from that location? Did you have to feed the speaker wire back through battery compartment, engine compartment and then fuel tank compartment to reach the helm? Do you happen to have pictures of the install? I'm just worried of drilling into anything on the gunnels.
I'm currently in the middle of this install. As nobody answered your question, I'll help. about 15' of wire will get you from the console above the gas tank, into the engine room, and around the battery/back hold spaces. No drilling for wires is necessary. You will obviously have to drill holes for the speaker placement, but it seems that there's a few guys to do this install already...

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm currently in the middle of this install. As nobody answered your question, I'll help. about 15' of wire will get you from the console above the gas tank, into the engine room, and around the battery/back hold spaces. No drilling for wires is necessary. You will obviously have to drill holes for the speaker placement, but it seems that there's a few guys to do this install already...
So to confirm, the area seems to be free of wires or anything else and you can fish the wire back there via fish tape? I installed a charge port to the far left and had a hard time getting g my arm back there.

I think I’m also going to add speakers here too!

zaclh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So to confirm, the area seems to be free of wires or anything else and you can fish the wire back there via fish tape? I installed a charge port to the far left and had a hard time getting g my arm back there.

I think I’m also going to add speakers here too!
It’s wide open. There’s no need for a fish wire. If you take the tank inspection cover off (under the helm pad) you’ll see exactly what I mean

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed my 6.5 JL Audio speakers just like marmstufl did in the pictures shown above. It was actually a much easier install than I imagined before getting started. The running of the cable is the easiest part as you don't have to drill any holes and just use the existing holes in battery compartment to the engine compartment to the fuel tank compartment and straight to the helm. As for cutting the holes for the speaker, just use the template paper that comes with speakers and measure, remeasure and measure again before drilling and cutting. The speaker fits perfectly in that area and there is nothing behind the gunnel wall to get in the way. I did not see or feel any cables, wires behind it.

Since I was on my hands and knees installing the speakers, I went ahead and installed LED light strips under both gunnels. Very easy install and lots of pictures and help on these forums.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 116511
those who installed the 6.5 here you think there is enough room
For a 10 inch sub behind that panel