• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Maiden Voyage 34mph? <SX190>

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just fyi - I don't know all the specifics but there are threads on here claiming that in 2019 forward models the ribbon is part of the intake and you have actually cut it out making it much more a PIA than previous models. Definitely still doable but pay off before was worth it because it was so easy, it could be that the pay off isn't worth the effort in the new models.

Edit: Here is the thread where I first heard of this.
This is only true on the 195. The 190 can still be removed without cutting just like before.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Seems about right for the non supercharged engine. I had a 2018 Yamaha FX Cruiser SVHO (supercharged) traded it in for the SX195 (supercharged). Just finished "breaking it in". I can tell it will hit 50 mph if humidity and temperature aren't excessive. No question the supercharger makes a massive difference. The acceleration with the SVHO Waverunner was out of this world. Of course while the acceleration with the SX195 is brisk and quite decent it will never approach the "being shot out of a cannon" Waverunner SVHO - so yes, I did have to realize that. I have been ocd careful during the first 20 hours and changed oil AND oil filter at 10 hours. I have always treated "break-ins" in this manner. I would expect 40 mph to be about right for a 1.8 non-supercharged engine in that hull size, configuration and weight.