• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 yamaha 195s audio system doesn’t work

DayronDLT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello everybody I just bought the new yamaha 195s and the audio system has a lock on all the sources im trying to turn on but nothing happen....... any ideas???????? Thank you in advance

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello everybody I just bought the new yamaha 195s and the audio system has a lock on all the sources im trying to turn on but nothing happen....... any ideas???????? Thank you in advance
A lock? Never heard of that happening. You'll have to pair your phone using the conext screen in the dash for Bluetooth. That's all we use. Fm radio is OK, but the antenna is not hooked up to anything. So signal is spotty at best.

DayronDLT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A lock? Never heard of that happening. You'll have to pair your phone using the conext screen in the dash for Bluetooth. That's all we use. Fm radio is OK, but the antenna is not hooked up to anything. So signal is spotty at best.
Bluetooth,am radio , fm radio , aux , usb everything has a little lock 🔒 icon and when i push the turn on button nothing happens the rear radio doesn’t turn on either

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bluetooth,am radio , fm radio , aux , usb everything has a little lock 🔒 icon and when i push the turn on button nothing happens the rear radio doesn’t turn on either
Hmm I'm not sure on that one. I'd take it back to dealer on that. Ours wasn't like that at all

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah please do post in this thread. Take pictures of you can. That'll help other people in the future

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just took delivery yesterday of a 195S. No lock out issues like that, but it seems like one of the wet sound speakers in the bow is shot. Speaker cracks through out any song that is played. I'll be reaching out to the dealer tomorrow. Let us know how you make out with this issue!

DayronDLT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Me too let’s see what they do I will let you guys know for sure

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Good to know! Thankfully it wasn't anything crazy.

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how did u replace the fuse i think i have the same issue!! I checked the fuse that say radio but its fine. i think its the radio its self that has a fuse!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I get the lock icon 🔒 next to my usb when trying to select sources. Also where are the fuses located?

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I get the lock icon 🔒 next to my usb when trying to select sources. Also where are the fuses located?
Do you have anything plugged into the USB port? It may unlock once it sees a source connected to that. I also have a lock on my USB option, but I always use Bluetooth.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have anything plugged into the USB port? It may unlock once it sees a source connected to that. I also have a lock on my USB option, but I always use Bluetooth.
I did, but still showed lock. Wondering if I have faulty USB port. Would prefer to use that since you get A better quality Audio signal from the USB

sully0714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Let us/me know if you figure anything out. I have the same issue, but on a 2019 212X. Have plugged in multiple phones to both USB ports (one by driver one in the passenger captain chair) and USB remains locked showing the padlock icon, so doubt both USB ports are bad. All other audio works as designed including Bluetooth.

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let us/me know if you figure anything out. I have the same issue, but on a 2019 212X. Have plugged in multiple phones to both USB ports (one by driver one in the passenger captain chair) and USB remains locked showing the padlock icon, so doubt both USB ports are bad. All other audio works as designed including Bluetooth.
I took my ar240 in for the same thing. however the deck on swimdeck won't turn on. I think it got wet and its done.

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
there is a fuse behind the deck and one behind console where all the fuses are.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I took my ar240 in for the same thing. however the deck on swimdeck won't turn on. I think it got wet and its done.
The Fusion head units are IPX6/7 waterproof - the whole front panel is glassed in as one piece. It's possible water got in behind the unit if it was loose or not well sealed and popped a fuse or corroded wires. I ran a bead of clear silicone around the gasket for mine as I found the gasket doesn't seal well as the surface where it's mounted is not flat, it's slightly curved. No water gets in there now.