• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Yamaha AR240 HO

OG4delta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hard to find the specs on the audio system. Does anyone know the RMS rate for the factory-installed speakers on the AR240?

UPDATE: I finally got the answer from the Marine Division of Yamaha Motors (866-894-1626). The factory-installed speakers on the AR240 are rated (RMS) 25 watts @ 4 ohms. The rate is disappointing. Very powerless speakers they are. But, the AR240 does not come with an amplifier. Then, it makes total sense.
I want to upgrade the stereo system without sacrificing what it's already installed. Please, understand that I am not looking to blast music across the ocean, I just want to have better sound while in the water, around the boat.
In the original configuration, the only possible upgrade I see is adding two more speakers (25 watts ea.) to the transom, with a 300 watts, 6-channel amplifier. Two channels (bridged) will supply power to the rear and transom speakers @ 4 ohms, and another channel will need a reductor to guarantee a 50% reduction of power while feeding the 2 front speakers, also @4 ohms.
anyone with a better idea (without getting rid of the installed speakers)?

Last edited:

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It says on the back of the speakers if you pull them out FYI.
Why don’t you want to upgrade the speakers with same size replacements? That was step one in my process on the same boat.
E48A229F-F07F-468F-976E-3A751A180C54.jpeg

OG4delta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may replace them with a greater RMS same size, a decent set can be purchased for under $100.