• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 195s throttle stuck after rope entanglement

matskoviche

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all!
My tow rope got caught up today. I opened up the clean out port, and was able to cut and remove all the rope around the shaft. When I started the boat back up, I noticed it was very difficult to put the boat in throttle. I was able to get the boat into the reverse position as normal, smoothly. If anyone has any advice on how to fix the throttle issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Follow up question, do you guys think it would be safe to drive it back 5 mph or so to the boat ramp to get it onto my trailer. I’m confident I can get the boat going at that speed 1and probably faster. I just don’t want to risk any further damage to the boat.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just make sure you got all the rope... is there any trailing out of the nozzle?

matskoviche

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just make sure you got all the rope... is there any trailing out of the nozzle?
Where is the nozzle? Would I get there through the clean out port or from the back of the boat. I did check my gate and was able to move it up and down by hand freely without and hang ups.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, at the gate where the water thrust comes out. If you checked the gate then you should have seen any rope coming out. Don't know much about SeaDoos... sorry I cant be more help.

matskoviche

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, at the gate where the water thrust comes out. If you checked the gate then you should have seen any rope coming out. Don't know much about SeaDoos... sorry I cant be more help.
Tyvm in any case. Just to clarify we are taking about a 2021 Yamaha 195s.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doh, I was looking at his avatar stuff...