• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 195S Tower Fold With Speakers

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am looking to add 2 tower speakers, most likely Rev 10's, to my 2021 195S. Does anyone know if the tower will still fold down with the speakers installed?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am looking to add 2 tower speakers, most likely Rev 10's, to my 2021 195S. Does anyone know if the tower will still fold down with the speakers installed?
:Welcome:
@Hoyt should know...he added tower speakers. But I think it's fine, they are high enough that they should clear the seats when the tower is down.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep it'll fold down no problem with them installed. Wetsounds also has their swivel clamp system that makes the speaker super easy to remove if needed as well

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You'll be fine so long as the speakers are on the INSIDE of the tower.

Here's my 190 tower folded with a flag holder inside the windshield. (nevermind the lazy dog in the background. She's just enjoying the cold concrete on a spring day)

20180526_170201.jpg

Here's the best shot of the tower folded I can find. It touches the steering wheel on the starboard side, Otherwise it misses the seats and dash fairly well. You'll want to test fit before drilling holes and running wires to make sure it collapses far enough to get into your space with the new cans on it.

I have my cables modified as well to allow that deep of a fold.
IMG_20200726_101949.jpg

No interference from my soundbar though, for reference.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Thanks for the response. I really need to stay off of your build thread before I go broke😂.

@2kwik4u From my eyeballing it appears that the steering wheel would be the only area they might not clear. Good call on test fitting first, I have learned that lesson the hard way before.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hoyt Thanks for the response. I really need to stay off of your build thread before I go broke😂.

@2kwik4u From my eyeballing it appears that the steering wheel would be the only area they might not clear. Good call on test fitting first, I have learned that lesson the hard way before.
Yea, my tower literally SITS on the steering wheel when it's down like that. I keep the steering wheel mostly up (in terms of tilt angle) all the time. Also, my tower LIGHTLY touches the port side window frame when fully lowered like that.

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What is the maximum height off the ground of the 195S on its trailer with the tower folded?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the maximum height off the ground of the 195S on its trailer with the tower folded?
My modified AR190 Tower collapses to about 82in.

195S has the same tower, but will need the cables adjusted to get that low.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My 2021 195S with the tower modified is right at 82.5 inches eyeballed with a tape measure. The tallest point is the Bimini rod in the picture attached.

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

@Ozark I completely understand needing to stay off of @Hoyt 's build. He is always willing to help. :)

Last edited:

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Update: I ended up going with Kicker cans and 6.5 Wetsounds that match the oem speakers. It’s a very tight fit but they do fit with the tower drop mod. The kicker can part # is 12KMTESW for those curious. Shoutout to Creative Audio for the fantastic service.

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did mine last summer and was so frustrated getting the wires up I didn't even think about that, and now I have to take the one above the steering wheel off everytime to pull it in my garage 😂😂😂.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Oh man you aren’t kidding. Luckily I read @Hoyt post where he used a drill and two pieces of bailing wire to twist up his own fish tape. It worked great but was still a pain.

Ghostdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you run the wires down the tower at the fold?

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
How did you run the wires down the tower at the fold?
I routed it on the same path as the wire for the factory light on the tower

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Update: I ended up going with Kicker cans and 6.5 Wetsounds that match the oem speakers. It’s a very tight fit but they do fit with the tower drop mod. The kicker can part # is 12KMTESW for those curious. Shoutout to Creative Audio for the fantastic service.
Interesting that's exactly where mine are mounted, and are the same size and I just assumed it wouldn't work so I take that one off everytime before putting into garage

Ghostdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I routed it on the same path as the wire for the factory light on the tower
I am running two wires that are pretty thick cause each of them are 16 ga speaker plus the TVs wires in one sheath. About 1/2” each. Will those fit through the whole? Also did you unhook your tower to do this?

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Interesting that's exactly where mine are mounted, and are the same size and I just assumed it wouldn't work so I take that one off everytime before putting into garage
It’s an extremely tight squeeze and only works with the steering wheel in one position. I think one click up from the bottom but I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am running two wires that are pretty thick cause each of them are 16 ga speaker plus the TVs wires in one sheath. About 1/2” each. Will those fit through the whole? Also did you unhook your tower to do this?
That might be tough. I’ll post some pics and explain what I did when I get home from work.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The hardest part was getting the wires through the base of the tower. The hole is at an odd angle so it’s tough to push wiring through from the tower side without getting caught up at the “exit” hole at the base of the tower. It’s difficult to find a tool to reach in from the base and grab the wires because it’s a long narrow squeeze. I ended up running the left tower speaker wire down the left side of the tower.

Attachments