• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252se Issues

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I couldn't agree more. You would expect that a new boat would be ready to go with no defects. After you sign the papers, you don't seem to have any options other than warranty repair. I called Yamaha, and they wouldn't take the boat back. They offered to fix it, but I didn't have the options of cancelling the deal. I don't understand either. If this was a car, I would be back at the dealership demanding a new car or more likely demanding my money back. I am not happy about not having my new boat for the last couple of months, but I have to say, they are doing a good job making things right. I heard today the boat is fixed, it was lake tested and the dealership is delivering it to my house on Saturday. Furthermore, Yamaha is throwing in the extended 5 year warranty, first service, and a boat cover for free. Dealership is having the boat detailed today and it should be in my driveway this weekend in time for me to take it out on it's maiden voyage. Wish me luck!
Not sure if I agree with you. " If this was a car, I would be back at the dealership demanding a new car". That would never happen. That would hardly ever happen with a cell phone either. You would get a refurb.

Honestly, you are getting the 5 year YES warranty for free? That is a pretty sweat deal TBH. I would say they are definitely making things right for ya. Frustrating in the moment? Totally. But making things right?? Absolutely. All they needed to do to make things right is replace the engine. They are doing that, PLUS giving you a 5 year safety net. Hell ya. You scored well for the inconvenience, don't you think?

If you are still totally disenfranchised, you could sell the boat, with the 5 year warranty, and probably come out ahead (in this market). But do you really want to do that?? ;)

KnucklDragr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well, the boat was dropped off on Saturday and we had the first day on the water yesterday. Broke the motors in and was able to run it wide open for a little bit. I am so pumped for the upcoming season. Now if I can just learn how to dock this thing without looking like a moron.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well, the boat was dropped off on Saturday and we had the first day on the water yesterday. Broke the motors in and was able to run it wide open for a little bit. I am so pumped for the upcoming season. Now if I can just learn how to dock this thing without looking like a moron.
Good news hearing they got it right. As for docking, practice is all it takes.
:)