• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255 FSH SPE 1 month Observations

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
New to the forum, just wanted to lend some of my observations about the new boat after owning and using it for the past month.

Cons:
1. Center console leaks from multiple areas, through the cup holders, where the t-top frame meets the fiberglass center console, etc. I have fixed most of the entry points myself, but will have my dealer take a closer look during the first service.
2. There are a couple discrepancies on what you get vs. what is shown on the Yamaha website. There is no additional audio control on the dash as shown, all audio is adjusted through the touch screen. The hand grips on the stern and the bow are different than what is shown. I will have the dealer look into this issue.
3. The rear live well clear hatch rubs the fiberglass when opened past 60 degrees. I will have the dealer look into this issue.
4. The drain in the front center hatch still don't drain as well as they should, This seems to be a ongoing issue with the FSH's as the drains in my 210 didnt really work well either. I will have the dealer look into this.
5. Go through and tighten all hoses and replace all those little black zip ties on the cup holder and rod holder drain hoses with stainless steel.
6. The steering really pulls to the right, especially with weight in the stern. I will have the dealer look into this.
7. Still pretty loud engine noise
8. The stereo system is a upgrade from the 210 however the captain still cant hear it when traveling at any sort of speed.

Pros:
1. Fast and agile, even in moderate ocean conditions.
2. Absolutely eats the floating weeds we have here in Florida. I didnt aim for weed lines, but additionally didnt avoid the smaller patches of weeds. I didnt have to use the cleanouts once on our two week Florida keys trip. Was very happy with this.
3. Being a Garmin guy I was concerned about the Simrad unit in this boat. But once I played with it for a while, adjust settings and learned the functions I absolutely love it.
4. The new throttle system is 100% better than previous. Docking this boat is a breeze, even in tight quarters.
5. Pretty good amount of room on deck. We were able to bring 5 divers, plus tanks and all gear on the boat for mini lobster season. Still plenty of room and very comfortable.
6. Diving off of this boat was awesome, the use of the swim platform for off loading tanks and gear was great.
7. The cockpit gets almost no wind or spray at speed. Much improved from the 210.
8. The stereo system is a upgrade from the 210

I think that's it for now. Love the boat, would absolutely recommend

Messina919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks for the write up! I would love to see pictures of the 255 FSH loaded we diver gear as that's how I am planning to use mine

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to the forum, just wanted to lend some of my observations about the new boat after owning and using it for the past month.

Cons:
1. Center console leaks from multiple areas, through the cup holders, where the t-top frame meets the fiberglass center console, etc. I have fixed most of the entry points myself, but will have my dealer take a closer look during the first service.
2. There are a couple discrepancies on what you get vs. what is shown on the Yamaha website. There is no additional audio control on the dash as shown, all audio is adjusted through the touch screen. The hand grips on the stern and the bow are different than what is shown. I will have the dealer look into this issue.
3. The rear live well clear hatch rubs the fiberglass when opened past 60 degrees. I will have the dealer look into this issue.
4. The drain in the front center hatch still don't drain as well as they should, This seems to be a ongoing issue with the FSH's as the drains in my 210 didnt really work well either. I will have the dealer look into this.
5. Go through and tighten all hoses and replace all those little black zip ties on the cup holder and rod holder drain hoses with stainless steel.
6. The steering really pulls to the right, especially with weight in the stern. I will have the dealer look into this.
8. The stereo system is a upgrade from the 210 however the captain still cant hear it when traveling at any sort of speed.

Pros:
2. Absolutely eats the floating weeds we have here in Florida. I didnt aim for weed lines, but additionally didnt avoid the smaller patches of weeds. I didnt have to use the cleanouts once on our two week Florida keys trip. Was very happy with this.
3. Being a Garmin guy I was concerned about the Simrad unit in this boat. But once I played with it for a while, adjust settings and learned the functions I absolutely love it.
4. The new throttle system is 100% better than previous. Docking this boat is a breeze, even in tight quarters.
5. Pretty good amount of room on deck. We were able to bring 5 divers, plus tanks and all gear on the boat for mini lobster season. Still plenty of room and very comfortable.
6. Diving off of this boat was awesome, the use of the swim platform for off loading tanks and gear was great.
7. The cockpit gets almost no wind or spray at speed. Much improved from the 210.

a little concerning about the Cons....but I guess this is what boat ownership is all about???

Tscozz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Cons:

Pros:

The pull to the right is very noticeable. Oh I forgot to mention this in my other post. I was filling the fresh water tank and it wouldn't fill. The garden hose built up pressure and I herd a pop and water coming out the rear drain. After removing the 15 or so screws around the cleanout ports I traced the fill tube and it was kinked from the factory. I readjusted and reinstalled and it works fine. Tom