• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255XE AND XD sound system

Kevwright15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me about the sound system? Icon 8 tower speakers. What model and size soundbar and what model and size coaxial speakers and what size and model subwoofer revos? And what amps are they including?

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From what I have actually seen and read, and whats on the Yamaha web site, all the speakers are Wet Sounds Recon series, not Revos. You can clearly see the tower speakers on the tower on the Yamaha web site on the 255XD. (Recon Series)

So (6) 6.5" , (1) 10" sub and (2) 6.5" Tower speakers. 1000 watts total The only difference from the non wake SE series is the addition of the 2 Tower speakers.

Not in the same playing field as the Moomba, Malibu or Centurion wake boats systems

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Kevwright15 unfortunately, no one can answer with definitive experience yet because none of these boats have actually been delivered. All we're left to go on is the Yamaha website, which is known to have conflicting information and errors in the details of the 25' boats, making it impossible to know for sure what's true. Using the compare feature (see attached screen cap below), it states that the 255XE and 255XD come with REVO speakers (they also come with the sound bar). The 252XE doesn't state REVO speakers, so I assume it comes with the Recons. The 252XE also does not have the sound bar, which is why it's 9 speakers instead of 10 speakers (2 tower speakers instead of 3).

There are no details about speaker size, soundbar model, amp info, etc. and we probably won't know until they actually start showing up at dealerships, which I heard from the Yamaha rep was going to be December at the earliest (that was a conversation that happened on Sep. 10th so timing of delivery may have changed since then).

Screenshot 2020-10-13 104311.png