• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR190 depth finder in dash?

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have conflicting information. Anyone with an AR190 that can confirm please, it would be appreciated. There's so little info on the 21 considering its been out for months.

the 2020 AR190 did not have Depth Finder in the dash console from the factory, but my dealer swears that even though the 2020 did not, the 2021 does, in fact, come with depth finder in the dash console from the factory.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My '17 doesn't have one. Not sure how much that really helps though, as it appears you already have that info.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2021 AR190 and it comes with a depth finder built in. Like you, I noticed that they removed it from the spec listing and I was a little concerned when ordering it. I think it's a Yamaha marketing ploy to get people to move up to the 195. It's built into the display. I believe it was in the 2020 as well. that was the first year they included it.

Attachments

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2021 AR190 and it comes with a depth finder built in. Like you, I noticed that they removed it from the spec listing and I was a little concerned when ordering it. I think it's a Yamaha marketing ploy to get people to move up to the 195. It's built into the display. I believe it was in the 2020 as well. that was the first year they included it.
Did you get the bow filler cushions also? It looked like it on the web site. I had to buy the cushions and depth finder for my 2019, it sure would have been nice to have them.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you get the bow filler cushions also? It looked like it on the web site. I had to buy the cushions and depth finder for my 2019, it sure would have been nice to have them.
No on the bow filler. The 2 things i wanted that you needed to go to the 195 were the bow filler and the sea deck on the swim platform. I guess in hindsight the extra power would have been nice too. But what really made the decision for me was the use of regular gas and the better mileage you get with the 1.8NA. The $5,500 Price difference + Premium Gas + twice the fuel burn made the 190 the choice for me. This was my first boat, so I figured that when I out grow it, I'll want a twin engine anyway.

I'm still on the fence as to if I'm going to get the bow filler, but I think I will add the sea deck this summer.

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, I didn't think about taking it out maybe helping getting people to put out the 6k extra for the 195. I know the dealer was cagy about giving me the information until i started hinting that i was thinking about canceling my order and going with a competitor who did have it. even still he clearly stated the 2020 did not but the 2021 did, so he still was towing the company line I guess.

Not really a surprise, I ordered the boat like 5 months ago and all I have gotten for five months is, yours should be coming in any day now, your next on the list. Also the finance guy did that number of, your credit was really low but I did some talking and got you tier 2 anyways. even though I can pull up all my credit scores, even the premium ones that house and car loan guys work off, and the number he quoted was over 100 lower than they show. Heck, all the third party finance company's are quoting higher numbers than that when they pulled my credit. If there wasnt so few yamaha dealers in the area, i would go elsewhere, they obviously follow a shady used car dealers tactics.

As far as the filler cushion, I had the same question as its like$750+ to by the two pieces, and there were several build your own suggestions that look fairly easy to do

Last edited:

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and it is removed, you do a comparison on the site and its not there for the 2021. I am irritated because I bought a nice depth finder and now will have to sell it I guess. I bought it back when the dealer was promising me the boat would be here any day now, and was saying it didnt come with a depth finder, so I could install it right away. 5 months later i cant return it :)

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input, I didn't think about taking it out maybe helping getting people to put out the 6k extra for the 195. I know the dealer was cagy about giving me the information until i started hinting that i was thinking about canceling my order and going with a competitor who did have it. even still he clearly stated the 2020 did not but the 2021 did, so he still was towing the company line I guess.
If you have any other questions let me know. I got mine on July 30th (Early Release) and put about 50 hours on her before I had to put it away for the winter. I got lucky, I just happened to be at the dealer the day they announced the early releases and put down a deposit and mine was one of the first to ship. Overall I love the boat. It's not a speed demon, but it's more than fast enough for a fun time with the family. I strongly recommend getting the Cobrajet steering right away. It makes low speed maneuvering much better and will save you headaches when docking/loading the boat. It's about $250 and totally easy to install yourself. I also love the factory mooring cover. Way overpriced, but it's a breeze to install. The audio is fine for when you are hanging out and anchored, but it can be a little hard to hear when you are going over 15MPH, especially for the driver. I'm probably going to beef that up as well in the not to distant future.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The over $600 price (with dealer discount) for the bow filler cushions was hard to swallow, but I went ahead and got them and love them. They are slightly different color since they are for 195 interiors. My wife made a canvas piece that snaps just below windshield and cushion to block the wind in early spring and late fall. Works real nice.

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just went onto website and did a compare, a couple weeks ago they had the AR190 as not having the depth finder but as of this minute they do show it. possibly it was an oversite? dont know, but I feel much better the yamaha site now says it does have it

Inlikeflinn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No on the bow filler. The 2 things i wanted that you needed to go to the 195 were the bow filler and the sea deck on the swim platform. I guess in hindsight the extra power would have been nice too. But what really made the decision for me was the use of regular gas and the better mileage you get with the 1.8NA. The $5,500 Price difference + Premium Gas + twice the fuel burn made the 190 the choice for me. This was my first boat, so I figured that when I out grow it, I'll want a twin engine anyway.

I'm still on the fence as to if I'm going to get the bow filler, but I think I will add the sea deck this summer.
Did you ever buy their sea deck for lower shelf? If so would you mind sharing where u purchased?

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Asked about it at the dealer when I picked up my boat about 2 weeks ago. He told me that they couldn't get the sea deck from Yamaha and the third party that they use for it was having trouble matching the 2021 colors, but working with Yamaha on it. So the answer is not yet. But I will as soon as I can find a good match.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever buy their sea deck for lower shelf? If so would you mind sharing where u purchased?
I believe this is what you are looking for.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe this is what you are looking for.
I've got a 2021. I believe that they changed the colors slightly, so I don't think this one matches anymore.