• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 195 Sport T-Top Extension/Shade?

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am looking for a T-Top Extension/Shade for the stern/transom area. If I need to add Rod holders, So be it. I plan to add a cleat midway down the Gunnel on both sides in the near future to facilitate rafting. I was looking at these based on the price and reviews. Ocean South T-top Ext.
I need to get the the boat out of the garage and take some measurements but was curious if anyone has purchased these for a 190/195 sport and what size.

I am open to reasonable cost options, not Yamaha's ext. Thanks for any input.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't had a chance to attempt a set up with extending paint poles and U-bolt's. Pretty cheap and should be effective when not under way. I just can't see the value in spending hundreds on shade when sitting under shade is not the primary reason for boating. Although it is really nice.

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't had a chance to attempt a set up with extending paint poles and U-bolt's. Pretty cheap and should be effective when not under way. I just can't see the value in spending hundreds on shade when sitting under shade is not the primary reason for boating. Although it is really nice.
When you have 2 red headed daughters, shade can become a necessity. ;) We have a pretty long boating season here in the Charleston, SC Area, with many reasonable boating days throughout the winter. We were out for a day the week after Christmas in 70+ degree weather. There are definitely times we could use some additional shade based on our use.

I will take a look at some paint poles and some kind of sunshade material. Maybe something like this sunshade folded in half to make it 8' x 6'? The T-Top is only approximately 4 ft wide and if I added a couple 15 degree rod holders on the transom, angled towards the back of the boat on the outer edges that is approximately 8 ft +/- wide. Maybe with a little creative folding, sewing, and bungee cords I could make a fairly sturdy setup that goes up/down quickly at a reasonable price.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You shouldn't need the use of rod holders with extendable paint poles attached to the tower. You may have to attach straps from ends of the canopy to the rear cleats. I started a post on shade extender system a while back with pics of what I purchased for $60.