• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 210 shipped from factory

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dealer called Friday with VIN number and said my new boat shows on truck. I'm not sure if that means the truck left from TN to dealer or if its still at the manufacturer? At least its progress as I put deposit down back in July. Maybe it will be ready to pick up this week. Super excited as this is my first Yamaha boat. I had Seadoo Sportster for last six years and loved it. It was just too small for the family and friends.
I already started ordering equipment found on this forum: anchor received and assembled today, dock lines, fenders, anchor line, Hot Sauce, scotch guard, salt-away and stoltz 4" bow roller. I am basically starting over as I sold my boat with everything I had to make room for new boat.

I assume the boat will be ready to pick up later this week or next week so is there anything I should be on the lookout when I pick the boat up? I welcome suggestions on things I need to equip the boat with.

I think the first major upgrade will be sound system and GPS. I am on Gulf Coast so will be in Salt Water 99% of the time.

Mbrgoch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats. I'm still waiting on my 210 FSH ordered in Aug. Still no word when it will arrive. What anchor did you get? I can't find the specs for the anchor locker and want to make sure the one I order will fit.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations. Be sure and follow-up with pictures.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats. I'm still waiting on my 210 FSH ordered in Aug. Still no word when it will arrive. What anchor did you get? I can't find the specs for the anchor locker and want to make sure the one I order will fit.
I ordered the Fortress Marine Anchors - Fortress FX-7 which is what I found some purchasing on the forum. I would imagine there was no change to the anchor locker from the 2020 model. I guess I will know for sure later today.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just to follow up, I picked up new boat yesterday and this morning I inserted the Fortress FX-7 anchor I purchased into the anchor locker and it fit perfect. Just look on amazon for
Fortress Marine Anchors - Fortress FX-7 (4 lbs. Anchor / 16-27' Boats)

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will give my best attempt to post my first pictures on here. Sorry, I only have three so far but will take more. I put the top on today and not sure I got it right. The holes for fishing poles seem to be off a little bit but the main issue is how to tuck that ratchet strap in the top. It seems like it will constant vibrate and hit the bar it is next to. Any instructions for that?

As for comparison to previous models, the only difference I can see is it comes standard with the button down seadek. Anchor locker still opens back which I was hoping they would open to the side.

My first upgrade will take place tomorrow, pending weather and will consist of a Garmin GPS. Let me know of the must dos before putting her in the water. I notice the nuts on the tower which I will be spraying corrosion X on.
IMG_8893.jpgIMG_8892.jpg
IMG_8884.jpg

Mbrgoch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just to follow up, I picked up new boat yesterday and this morning I inserted the Fortress FX-7 anchor I purchased into the anchor locker and it fit perfect. Just look on amazon for
Fortress Marine Anchors - Fortress FX-7 (4 lbs. Anchor / 16-27' Boats)
Thank you, now if only the boat will get here...

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You should order 6 feet of stainless steel chain and two clevis also 6F871991-D3E1-4BF4-8B19-0E423D2D621C.png

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put the top on today and not sure I got it right. The holes for fishing poles seem to be off a little bit but the main issue is how to tuck that ratchet strap in the top. It seems like it will constant vibrate and hit the bar it is next to. Any instructions for that?

the strap has an area that goes over the center rocket launchers and then you ratchet the strap tight. once secure you can tuck the piece of fabric that covers the metal ratchet (it tucked under and then the other part can be pulled over and then velcored together). it's hard to explain in words, but you when you see the two pieces it will make sense. this them keeps the metal ratchet from rubbing against the metal tower.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the strap has an area that goes over the center rocket launchers and then you ratchet the strap tight. once secure you can tuck the piece of fabric that covers the metal ratchet (it tucked under and then the other part can be pulled over and then velcored together). it's hard to explain in words, but you when you see the two pieces it will make sense. this them keeps the metal ratchet from rubbing against the metal tower.
Do you have a picture of what it is supposed to look like? I see the inside pocket with Velcro but if I put it around the metal ratchet then the racket is on inside rubbing against T Top

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Essentially you thread the flap with the top (rough side of the Velcro not fuzzy side) and wrap it under the ratchet and around.

I’ll get to the boat tomorrow and take a picture for you.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yesterday, I put my new boat in the water for the first time. My son and his friend went with me on a 2 hour break in trip which we followed the manual's instructions. We then picked up the rest of family and friends. We had 4 adults, two teenagers and 4 kids for total of 10. It was very comfortable and spacious. It has to be the biggest 21' boat I have ever been on. We had a great time at the sandbar, pulled up to restaurant in Port Aransas and ate lunch and just cruised the intercoastal.

My three issues concerning me are:
1. The port side throttle would drop after hitting any wave or even after a period of time of normal vibration so I'm sure I need to adjust the throttle cable. I will have to read up how to do that.
2. Two times when I advanced the throttles together, the Starboard engine would "slip" like go high rpm but no power. It was almost as if it had a clutch on it. I would back off both throttles and advance them again slowly and it was fine. Any ideas causing this? I don't think I had anything in impeller but not 100% sure and it would be just fine after pulling back both throttles and starting again.
3. Three times the starboard engine shut down. All three times was at idle speed while docking which luckily did not cause me any issues. It had no problems when I flushed engines for 15 minutes while at idle but I was standing by to turn off water in the event it did.

Other than that it was a perfect day and a great start to many years of memories to be made.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm new to owning a jetboat too and posted a similar experience a few weeks ago. For #1 & 2 it's most likely something that was sucked up in your jet as I experienced the same type of thing. For me it ended up being the circular part of a soda pop bottle, yes - something that small that would allow the engine to rev up to a high RPM with little to no power. I ever checked the clean out ports prior to posting, and did not find it. Only after limping around the water for 15 mins did I recheck to find then damn thing in there!

I have no idea about #3, but am sure someone on here can assist or has had a similar experience.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm new to owning a jetboat too and posted a similar experience a few weeks ago. For #1 & 2 it's most likely something that was sucked up in your jet as I experienced the same type of thing. For me it ended up being the circular part of a soda pop bottle, yes - something that small that would allow the engine to rev up to a high RPM with little to no power. I ever checked the clean out ports prior to posting, and did not find it. Only after limping around the water for 15 mins did I recheck to find then damn thing in there!

I have no idea about #3, but am sure someone on here can assist or has had a similar experience.
#1 I'm pretty sure is the throttle cable adjustment because I not only see a slight drop in RPM but I physically see the throttle controller moving too. I'm sure this is an easy fix but am not sure if it is done at the throttle controls or near the engine. I will just have to search the forums for it.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
#1 I'm pretty sure is the throttle cable adjustment because I not only see a slight drop in RPM but I physically see the throttle controller moving too. I'm sure this is an easy fix but am not sure if it is done at the throttle controls or near the engine. I will just have to search the forums for it.
Looks to be as simple as tightening the friction screw on the throttles found in this thread. https://jetboaters.net/threads/throttle-lever-does-not-set-at-rpm.15431/post-265894

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Throttle moving you found solution above.
Starboard side engine going to high rpm’s is cavitation, when it turns to quick to pull water. It is a fully loaded boat and needs to start off a little slower, you figured out how to do that by backing off the throttle and powering up again.
Engine shutting down it Probably is the hatch above the clean out ports loose and it lifts enough to trip the safety switch.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats, beautiful boat and color. Definitely get some SeaDek on that transom I can't believe it doesn't come standard...come on Yamaha don't cheap out with a beautiful boat like that..and toss those tie downs and go with these in stainless:

Plenty of pics and various links on here for the ratchet tie downs.

Happy Boating!