• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 255 Thread

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't love the stern of the 255 but I will say it's effective at opening up some more storage areas (the big live well) and more secure seating. The low stern of the 210 is must more in-line with a bay boat hybrid than an offshore suitable boat.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We camped at Fort mcallister in early April cpuldnt find much good fishing spots out of ossabow sound. Dodnt have tons of tims to search with kids either. They enjoyed going to barrier island and walking beach though
That's funny, I was just there two weeks ago for 4 days. How many deer you shoot? Ha! Harvey's island has some good drops, hit me next time your visiting and I'll try and steer you in the right direction.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$80K seems kinda steep. Been using our AR240 for ocean fishing for a while now and I can say the jets don't handle the rough water well. My old 20' I/O did better in chop as the outdrive does a much better job keeping the boat planted. I added tabs this year which helps a lot and I think for this price they should include tabs if they want to say its for offshore fishing.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
$80K seems kinda steep. Been using our AR240 for ocean fishing for a while now and I can say the jets don't handle the rough water well. My old 20' I/O did better in chop as the outdrive does a much better job keeping the boat planted. I added tabs this year which helps a lot and I think for this price they should include tabs if they want to say its for offshore fishing.
Been using my 210 FSH for offshore for a year and a half now. Did just fine initially if I picked my days. Does even better since I put auto-levelling trim tabs on it. Agreed it would be a better deal if it came with the tabs, but in the pictures it does look like the 252/255 has a deeper v in the hull than the 210. That should help a bit.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love this boat, but I'm cheap and would go non supercharged version

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love this boat, but I'm cheap and would go non supercharged version
Yeah, I dont necessarily need the supercharged engines either, but the throttle synching that also comes with the E version would be nice. I'd like to see the more reliable fuel burn numbers once boattest.com gets ahold of them as well. The only burn I've seen so far is 11.1 gph for the supercharged engines that was in the yamaha video.